Nero help in XP MCE 2005

#1
I'm having a little trouble with Nero in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Whenever I try to use either Nero or Nero Express to make an audio CD, it lists the mp3 as about as twice as long as it is. For example I have a song that is 3:30 long and the program lists it as 7:41. I tried burning something just to see if it would work, but it just adds three minutes of silence to each song. I'm using version 6.6.0.13. Any suggestions?
 

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
#3
Brentage said:
I'm having a little trouble with Nero in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Whenever I try to use either Nero or Nero Express to make an audio CD, it lists the mp3 as about as twice as long as it is. For example I have a song that is 3:30 long and the program lists it as 7:41. I tried burning something just to see if it would work, but it just adds three minutes of silence to each song. I'm using version 6.6.0.13. Any suggestions?
You could also try the built-in CD burning utility, if only to find out of it's a Nero Issue.
 

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
#4
I may be WAAAAAAAAAAY off here but something like this happened to me. Anyway, Is it just one song or all of them? If it's just one, did you do any editing on it? The reason I say that is when I rip a track from a cd and it has like 15 minutes of silence than a hidden track, I'll cut the silence out but Nero still shows the original length. If that's the case you need to convert the file to WAV and recompress it to MP3. Like I said I may be way off and this is an odd fix but it worked for me.
 
#5
Thanks for the welcome.

It's a Nero specific problem. The built in CD Burning on XP works fine, as does the iTunes burning program. And these are songs that are 3:30 minutes in WMP, with no silence at the end but as soon as I add them to Nero it seems them as over 7 minutes long, with an added 4 minutes of silence to them. And it's not just specific songs either, it's all of them.
 

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
#6
Brentage said:
Thanks for the welcome.

It's a Nero specific problem. The built in CD Burning on XP works fine, as does the iTunes burning program. And these are songs that are 3:30 minutes in WMP, with no silence at the end but as soon as I add them to Nero it seems them as over 7 minutes long, with an added 4 minutes of silence to them. And it's not just specific songs either, it's all of them.
Personally I HATE nero, but that is my opinion :) I have always used Roxio, and love it :)
 

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
#9
kcnychief said:
Personally I HATE nero, but that is my opinion :) I have always used Roxio, and love it :)
I've never had a problem with Nero. Roxio on the other hand is a coaster machine. The problem seems to be silence at the end of the track. There should be a setting to change that. Usually, when I make mp3 cd's I just burn them as data cd's ..
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,971
Messages
673,299
Members
89,016
Latest member
Poseeut