Nero 7

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Version 7 is out and some people have said it is now bloated but this is not the case as it is just the install is different. All previous versions had separate installers (packages) and seven has just one installer with all applications contained in it.

When the installer gets to the screen that lets you choose between typical and custom you want to choose custom. This will allow you to choose what you want to install and also what file extensions you do or do not want Nero applications to be associated with.

Last edited:
When I say bloated, I am referring to the fact that you have to download things that you will never use as well. I want it to be the way it was before. I don't want to have to download a 100 meg file when I am going to use 10 meg of it ..

yes..... you may be downloading more than you want..... but all in all i think it's a much better put together application now. don't know how i came to that conclusion..... it just seems to be a tad easier to navigate i think.

The last "lean" Nero I used was Nero 5. :laugh:

vern said:
The last "lean" Nero I used was Nero 5. :laugh:

I really liked six. But yes, 5.5 was me personal favorite ..

I do not like the new Nero (also a 5.5 fan) and after years of exclusive Nero burning I am ready to jump ship. What are your guys' favorite alternative burning apps and why?

I think the new version of Nero is great. For those of you who say it is bloated maybe you have forgotten that you can choose what you want to install (except for Nero Scout but as OSNN's very own American Zombie has proven it can be disabled and removed using a registry edit).

If all you want is Burning ROM then that's all you have to install.

Nero 7 is like chicken noodle soup, m'm m'm good.

I still use Roxio v 7, while 8 is out there is no need for me to upgrade atm.

Glass said:
I do not like the new Nero (also a 5.5 fan) and after years of exclusive Nero burning I am ready to jump ship. What are your guys' favorite alternative burning apps and why?

burnatonce for data cd/cd, burrrn for audio cd.

Both are extremely lighweight and designed to do only one or two things and they do it very well. Also, the authors are very responsive to feedback and quick to implement bug fixes (the few times they're necessary).

www.burnatonce.com
www.burrrn.net

edit:

I just wanted to clarify that it's not that burnatonce is inferior for audio cd; it is fine. I use burrn for audio primarily because of replaygain support.

Madmatt: you don't even really have to use the disabler AZ provided. you can disable Nero Scout right from the Nero Scout window when it first shows up.

Dragon, yes, you disable it either through the installer or in options. However, it still appears in Explorer. His registry edit removes it from Explorer (and therefore save dialogs and such).

Nero 7.0.1.4 was released today. However, it is once again a full version release (Demo). But, it works as an upgrade for previous versions (just tagged "Demo").

The update (without Yahoo! Toolbar) is 100MB.

No change log available.

I received this email from Nero Tech Support after asking when they were going to start issuing updates in a similar fashion as they did for 6.*

Dear Valued Customer,

thank you for your email.

The automatic update function over
- Nero StartSmart
- Nero Toolkit
- Nero ProductSetup
- Update your Nero Products
is not available yet unfortunately.

The next Nero 7 update is offered at the beginning of December from our website www.nero.com. It will have to be downloaded and installed manually.

All Nero 7 updates as of January 2006 can then be downloaded and installed directly over Nero.

I still like my Nero 6 OEM packages I have sitting about. And Isobuster, for CD work and update work.

American Zombie said:
Version 7 is out and some people have said it is now bloated but this is not the case as it is just the install is different. All previous versions had separate installers (packages) and seven has just one installer with all applications contained in it.

When the installer gets to the screen that lets you choose between typical and custom you want to choose custom. This will allow you to choose what you want to install and also what file extensions you do or do not want Nero applications to be associated with.

Nero Scout - Some people (like me) do not want Nero Scout on their system and if you are one of them you can use this file to remove it. The zip also includes a restore file for Nero Scout should you desire to put it back in.

Cool Util AZ. +rep for you :D

Nero 7 isn't bad - but I do think some of the stuff you don't need to use

Hello all!, I've just installed Nero 7 ultra edition and can't launch Nero Recode?. I get a very long error Recode.exe - Unable to locate URL, it says that "The dynamic link library gdiplus.dll could not be found in the specified path", could anyone help me please?.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back