Need some help with kfws

Bravo568

OSNN Newbie
Well... i didnt no were to put this so im asking here.

Ok, i downloaded kfws and i installed it. Then i placed all the files from the template i got into the htdocs.
I just need some help on what to do now, like if i goo to my IP and enter it in the Address bar it will work fine or if i type in the site name it will aslos work fine. But when ever i give it to a friend they say it dont work. I used no-ip.com to get the host or w/e and i am also using a router. Am i suppose to enter my router ip like 192.168.x.xxx or the IP like when i go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ or that ip??

Please help

Thanks

No-ip.com is a dynamic DNS service that allows a person to:

A. setup a webserver on a interent connection whose IP changes (dynamic IP)
B. Want to give out a url instead of there IP address

Now, since you mentioned a router you must go into your router settings (usually a html based page - check your owners manual) and forward port 80 to the computer with the server software running. <- Its also a good idea to setup a static IP on the computer running kfws. Then give your friend either your WAN IP (one from whatismyip.com), or your no-ip.com url.

Athough if you have a internet connection with a dynamic (changing) IP, you have to download no-ip.com's update software, what this does is detects your WAN IP and updates the IP your no-ip.com account is pointing to.

I myself use KFWS, and a service similiar to no-ip.com (dyndns.org) because I have DSL and my IP changes.

Hey, do you think you can go on AIM so i can talk to you about this??

Just to let other users know, Bravo568 and I have resolved this problem over MSN, his ISP was blockign port 80, so we just changed the port.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back