Need Help Urgent Plz!

A

aussie

Hey all.. k heres my problem..

I am doing a few upgrades and buliding few new systems. I took basically everything out of my (working) system and put it into new case with only a case, psu, video card change. Now everytime I try install XP i get the blue screen IRZL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried everything. Switched all components with working etc. The only way i can get it to stop crashing is to disable CPU Internal Cache in the bios. Why is this? i dont know much about cache. But Im pretty sure buy disabling this it will affect performance. And it was all working with the internal cache enabled before hand!!!

Is it possible (although I was pretty bloody careful) that the CPU got damaged maybe? Wouldn't that kill the processer though?

I am completely stumped. Any help would be awesome! Incase you want to know heres what its running...

MSI K7T Turbo2 Motherboard
Athlon 1.4Ghz (Not XP)
512MB PC-133
Seagate 7,200RPM 40Gb HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 32MB

Liek i said I had all of these components working together in my system before I swapped them!

???

no if your cpu didn't work it wouldn't get past post, but you are clearly getting past that. just set the bios to default settings see if that works for the install then go from there.

cache is nothing more then a place for information to be stored until it is ready to be used. and yes cache is a very good thing, it stops from other parts in the system from being bored(non technicaly) there is always info to be passed along this way. FYI

thx for ya reply.. i tried setting everything to default and still no luck!!! any help plz?

At what point of the installation do you get the error message? How far along?

i get the error right after the agreement as it asks you to select which partition to install too!!

friend has a p3 750 that was in a board that was fried by a sound card. now, in a different board, the cpu will post, and show the windows xp loading screen, then gimme a nice shiny blue screen, probably similar to yours, aussie.

just saying i wouldn't rule out cpu damage... however it happened.

Stupid link does not go all the way. Is this the error message>
Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address x has base at x - filename

thx for ya replys... i worked it out.. thought maybe cpu damage so I switched with a spare one... wasnt it... then i noticed that ihad the CPU fan on backwards! switched it and it was fixed?

how this had the affect it was I have no idea but its fixed now so...

cheers

That's really odd.. I'd kind of like to know why the heck that was the problem... anyone?

Yeah... errrr... but, I didn't think heat would cause windows to blue screen. I thought it would just shut off the PC... *shrug* Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back