Need an xbox motherboard..or somebody who can solder well.

GEN3RIC

OSNN Senior Addict
So I inherited a messed up xbox. The motherboard got botched while trying to do a hack, and he pulled out some embedded wire in the PCB ( just one i think) and its not looking like I have the skills to fix that sort of thing. Its very very small and Im not a PRO at soldering but Im good enough to know how NOT to mess up a job.

I see you can purchase the mobo's online but they only come in hard drive combos.. Well I already have a hard drive. DO I need to use a matched pair? I also dont want to pay hardly anything as its not mine to begin with......

I hope you guys have some ideas for me.

You are much better off buying a motherboard with a matching hard drive, as getting a set that doesn't match will simply not be stable.

If you buy from www.xboxrepairguide.com, they will offer you $15-20 in return for your faulty parts, which lowers your cost a little bit.

Ick, sorry, I messed up a bit. I guess they got hammered on the requests, and aren't taking any new ones in atm...

Sell Your Parts
pixel_trans.gif
pixel_trans.gif
Until further notice we will not be accepting any system sales. If you have already sent in your system/parts then they will be processed however if your package is postmarked after 10/05/2005 it will be sent back.

This is the problem. I cant fix this crap.. I could but I have no precision tools. You can see at the bottom there is an embedded wire that is pulled. The board looks almost worthless due to what looks like heat destroying the top layer of the PCB....

56526666.xboxmobo.jpg

Yeah, that is definitely heat damage. That board must be replaced, you really have no other options. Even if you get creative with hacking or soldering, who knows what the long run effects will be.

wwwdjrcs said:
Yeah, that is definitely heat damage. That board must be replaced, you really have no other options. Even if you get creative with hacking or soldering, who knows what the long run effects will be.
Damn. Well at least I cant say I lost money since I didnt have to pay for it.

There is somebody whom Im in contact with right now who does the whole xbox modding thing, he said he specializes in botched mods. I think the pics look worse than it really is. Here is another pic...

Better detail
http://i.pbase.com/o4/57/569157/1/56527696.xboxmobo2.jpg

It looks like a lead vaporised. I don't think you will be able to salvage that board.

GEN3RIC said:
Damn. Well at least I cant say I lost money since I didnt have to pay for it.

There is somebody whom Im in contact with right now who does the whole xbox modding thing, he said he specializes in botched mods. I think the pics look worse than it really is. Here is another pic...

Better detail
http://i.pbase.com/o4/57/569157/1/56527696.xboxmobo2.jpg
I did my own, it was quite a pain in the a**

Except when I did mine, I ended up going with a spring-mounted chip which I think made it much tougher. There is a sh*t load of steps involved, and I wouldn't do it again no matter what someone paid me.

Yeah. Well when I did the mod it came out rather cleanly and without issues... You guys have a new mission: find me a replacement for ubercheap dollars....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back