• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need an old HP 5 scanner driver

Is there a driver designed specifically for Win XP for the HP 5 scanner? I have one that sort of works in XP that was designed for Win 2000, but it needs a few work-arounds to function properly.

HP never developed a driver for XP, but I was wondering if any other scanner driver would work.

R

RogerPhillis

There is a XP driver on the HP website for model Laserjet 5 which has been available for the last 2 years.
I use hp.co.uk/drivers
I have been using Laserjet 5L since 1996 under Windows 95/98 /XP with no problems.
Of course the extended functions originally available are not there, but it works very well otherwise/ under ECP or EPP bios setting etc.
File is lj631 en.exe

Thanks for the reply, but isn't the Laserjet 5L a laser printer? I am looking for a Scanjet scanner driver. They have similar part numbers, but I don't think a printer driver will operate a scanner.

I checked your link and sure enough, it's a printer driver. Thanks for the attempt though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix