NBA Playoffs

If this post-season has proven anything, it is how true the fact that regular season stats don't mean jack squat. And the law of averages is on Miami's side.

They have 2 games to close it out and they are healthy.

Thing is though, Dirk hasn't even showed up really in the last two games. Combine that with the fact that D Wade is due for a "human-like" performance, anything is possible.

Dirk has showed up. They have just played really good D on him.

Same with Shaq. Dallas has played good swarming D on him so he can't really get off but he's contributing still.

Maybe in Game 5, but in Game 4 his shooting was just horrible.

So far, homecourt advantage has proven to be real. We'll see if that remains the case with the Finals going back to Dallas.

That was a tough ending to Game 5. Nobody likes to see it come down to free throws in the final seconds. Overall though, it was a game worthy of being a part of the Finals (unlike Game 4).

When the Heat win in game 6 and take it all, I wonder what rant Cuban will have? Will he scream conspiracy or will he be a gracious looser?

When the Heat win in game 6 and take it all, I wonder what rant Cuban will have? Will he scream conspiracy or will he be a gracious looser?

Cuban gets a lot of crap from people, but little appreciation for the good things he does for the league.

Yeah, but did you see his face when the time out was called then waved off then re-issued? Man, he looked like he was gonna kill everyone.

Yeah, but did you see his face when the time out was called then waved off then re-issued? Man, he looked like he was gonna kill everyone.

Yeah, but I was about the same way, too, and I'm not even the owner! :p

But to address the timeout issue. Now anyone chime in on this (I know you all will :p). Didn't it look like Avery Johnson was callin the time out on the sidelines? All the replays show him doin the "T" (timeout) symbol with his hands. And then it shows him waving it off. Then it shows him arguing with the Refs and putting up 2 fingers as to maybe suggest that he thought they had 2 timeouts left? Maybe that's where you see the assistant coaches yelling not to take the timeout and then Johnson waving it off. You think?

Avery Johnson looked emphatic as to the way he was gesturing the T symbol with his hands. Maybe Howard just did what he saw and call it. But then it was too late.

But to address the timeout issue. Now anyone chime in on this (I know you all will :p). Didn't it look like Avery Johnson was callin the time out on the sidelines? All the replays show him doin the "T" (timeout) symbol with his hands. And then it shows him waving it off. Then it shows him arguing with the Refs and putting up 2 fingers as to maybe suggest that he thought they had 2 timeouts left? Maybe that's where you see the assistant coaches yelling not to take the timeout and then Johnson waving it off. You think?

Avery Johnson looked emphatic as to the way he was gesturing the T symbol with his hands. Maybe Howard just did what he saw and call it. But then it was too late.

I haven't been able to watch replays and hear commentary on that since the game, but my impression was that he was communicating with Howard (or some player) about calling a timeout immediately after the 2nd free throw. If that's the case, it makes sense that he was looking directly at Howard and not even paying attention to the fact that a ref might be seeing the signal and misinterpreting it. I thought the two fingers Avery held up meant he was saying to call a timeout after the second shot. Avery had to know he only had one timeout left.

Regardless of the intentions, it's a shame all that went down. 1.9 seconds is enough time to do something when you're throwing it in at half-court.

Avery held up 2 because he was saying he wanted the timeout after the second free-throw by Wade.

The replays clearly showed that Howard walked up to the ref and motioned for a timeout, a coupla times. This was shown on FSN in Texas and the commentators were overwhelming pro-Dallas. Darvin Ham retracted his blasting of the refs after viewing the extended replay while still aggresively suggesting the refs fudged the game for the Mavs.

They seem to have very selective memories. There were a coupla terrible calls against Miami that allowed Dallas into the overtime in the first place but I guess the Mavs can't see beyond their blinders.

I am also disgusted by their whining about the free-throw discrepancy when they themselves actively got into the penalty because of their constant hack-a-shaq tactics. Gee, I wonder WHY the heat were able to shoot more free-throws.

No hack-a-shaq, far fewer fouls and far ffewer free-throws.

Also, Wade got to the free-throw line because he was bumped, banged, pushed, shoved, whacked, tripped and basically held on his way to the hoop. Does Dallas really think that Nowitzki has deserved to be on the free throw line 10-12 times per game in the playoffs? He gets there because of ticky-tack fouls. He doesn't get hit as hard or as often as Wade does.

And what do the Mavs say? Wade cries about fouls and complains all the time. What game are they part of? I see Wade hit the deck, get up, make his shots and keep playing.

He complained a few times but I didn't see anyone on the floor not complain. It's part of the game. I didn't see the Heat's owner though Cuban sure did.

I love Cuban, he's a great owner, but sometimes he really needs to take his blinkers off. I know it's hard but seriously dood, take a chill pill.

Your team still has home-court advantage and they have proven they match up well.

If and when Miami plays a complete game, maybe Dallas will be in trouble, but till then, they are in the driver's seat.

Nothing like having your owner getting fined $250,000 for sticking up for you to fire up the troops.

tonight should be good.

Cuban was WAY out of line. You obviously didn't see his post-game comments and his dropping of the f-bomb or the way he was parading the court after the game glaring and shouting at the officials.

That is not the way to conduct yourself and I'm surprised he wasn't also suspended from sitting court-side.

I like Cuban and the way he has made this team a winner but just coz he's a billionaire doesn't mean he's always right.

I never said he was right or wrong, and the truth has yet to be revealed. What he apparently said is being denied by both David Stern and Mark Cuban.

I heard he's going to have a mini team meeting in the locker room before the game and speak about the fine at that time. Think the press will be in there?

I think he's using this to fire up the team. I think he sees this championship slipping away.

Mavs playing well at home so far. They've got the 2nd best home record in the league.

We're badass baby :smoker:

Well played Mavs, well played Heat.

The NBA is back baby :D

AWESOME game :cool:

Mavs playing well at home so far. They've got the 2nd best home record in the league.

Mavs played well for the first quarter and that was about it. I watched the entire Mavs vs. San Antonio series, and I saw a different Mavs team play in that series. Even the first two games Dallas won at home versus the Heat were not at the caliber of play they showed against San Antonio.

From the perspective of a fan, it's frustrating to never see your team play to its full potential. The Heat were obviously better in this series, though it wasn't against the Dallas team I hoped to see. The Mavs had more weapons in their arsenal -- a deeper bench and better defenders, but Dwayne Wade is the equivalent of several offensive players by himself. I don't know where he was for the first two games, but he's definitely made himself known nationally at this point.

Nice to have a champion this year that has never won it before, and I'm glad that Mourning finally gets a ring.

Miami can shut people down. They have good D.

Were it not for Miami's ridiculous turnovers in the first and second quarters, Mavs wouldn't even be in this game.

I'm very happy for Mourning and Payton. Those 2 deserved a ring and now their careers are complete. Adios Mourning, thanks for the all the good times. Payton, you may be an arrogant bugger but you have been one of the true warriors in this league. I'll miss you too when you retire :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back