NASA to announce the 10th planet.

ming

OSNN Advanced
For those who have heard the recent news about the 10th planet in our system, I'm wondering if you remember of two previous news articles about new planetary discoveries since 1994?

I remember reading in a UK national newspaper back in 1994 that a 10th planet had been discovered, but was not officially recorded in any science or astronomy books.

Again, sometime between 1998-2000, it was reported that there was an icy planet just beyond Pluto had been discovered. And again, this was not officially recorded in any books.

I'm now wondering whether NASA will discover a 10th planet every 5 years. :p
(That's if this new discovery isn't officially recorded in books) :D

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
They already know that that is no planet, but a planetoide, the remains of a planet. It is from an asteroidbelt called Kuiper's Belt, where also most comets come from. In fact, they also know that Pluto is a planetoide, but the reason why we still call it a planet, remains a mystery to me :confused:

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
heh, havent they named it planet "X" or somthin? i remember hearing about ir in like grade 6, lol (5 years ago)

ming

OSNN Advanced
Vetrius said:
heh, havent they named it planet "X" or somthin? i remember hearing about ir in like grade 6, lol (5 years ago)
As I said, I think they'll continue to report that they've just discovered the 10th planet in our solar system every five or so years. haha :p

Aussie983

ßµ®ηiή Şiliςδη
hahahaa...i was watching CNN and the anchor guy said "NASA Scientists Discover Giant Yellow Arrow in Space!"

LMAO :D

ming

OSNN Advanced
Aussie983 said:
hahahaa...i was watching CNN and the anchor guy said "NASA Scientists Discover Giant Yellow Arrow in Space!"

LMAO :D
LOL... Are they sure they didn't spot a giant inflatable banana. :D

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
Yeah...years ago it seemed like they called it X-10.

From what my astronomy instructer says about Pluto, Nasa and the JPL in Pasedena wont declassify pluto until they get a huge grant to send a probe to Pluto.

He says, after that happens....they'll be forced to declassify it because of proof.

Then they can rewrite all the text books in the world.
:)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks