My New System Build

I compressed it with my X1800XT, I like this thing :D 23Mb to 5.9 in 34 seconds

That is pretty impressive.

I can now get the drive to recognize in Windows, thankfully. I need to install Windows X64 on there and am running into the same issue that I was encountering before. Unfortunately, I don't know what the resolution was for x32 because I tried so many things I don't know what worked and what didn't.

Ahhhhh the fun of PC building :)

Seems like much progress has been made since I read this thread, good job :)

When the settings are right in the bios they will not change it will be just a question of presenting the proper X64 drivers on the floppy drive as you install windows.

I am just going to get a bunch of floppy disks and shotgun all of the drivers and see if something hits. That will be tomorrow.

I tried loading all of the 64-bit drivers that came with the motherboard and nothing would let me install Windows on there, and apparently the copy of Windows that is able to access the drive is doing it in a limited mode.

I am at a complete loss right now. Can anyone help?

I am posting this as I am waiting for Windows x64 to install on the SATAII drive.

On a whim I decided to try the Silicon Image SATA ports that are on the motherboard. I did that, rebooted the computer, enabled the ports in BIOS, set the SI adapter to "Enabled" and made the driver disk. Went into Windows setup, loaded the drivers and we are good to go. I dont know if there is something wrong with the drivers or the ports or something for the nvraid ports because they are what the problem was.

Yay!

Now posting from Windows x64.

Good Job Brad. Will it Be folding soon?

Way to go!
Now you can fold double quick and pass me again?

The new machine has been folding, just nothing is submitted yet. I have a 229pt and a 200pt that are supposed to sub sometime tomorrow. Those may be lost. Now that I know what I am doing with the drive set up, I am going to figure out how I want to partition the big drive and then go from there.

Something I suggest to you Brad is to make an image of this, or to slipstream those drivers onto your XP CD. This way if you have to format or re-install, it won't be such a headache :dead:

So, I reboot and I get the following message:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardare reference manuals for additional information.

I just want this damn computer to work, honestly, is that too much to ask?

I am running a 'Burn In' test on the drive to see if there are any problems with the drive itself. I have already tried plugging the drive into a new port and swapping the cable, to no avail. If this does not work, I have no idea what I will do.

"I dont know if there is something wrong with the drivers or the ports or something for the nvraid ports because they are what the problem was."

I told you way back you cannot use RAID you only have one drive so logic says you need to use the SI contoller makes perfect sence.

So what is wrong with the computer now, hot shot?

Mr McNoob mebey you should read that he is NOT trying to use RAID.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back