My New System Build

I don't see it being a problem, although I got a 500W myself.

I would guess the decision maker would be if your video card needs a power source to it, but either way I think you should be OK :)

Sweet, thanks for the help.

Great....it recommmended 560W PSU

It's just one guy's calculator, but if you are that far off you may want to get a beefier one.

Here is a little blurb from the end of his results page...

If you plan on using a quality power supply such as Antec TruePower,
then you might be able to use one that's 30-50 watts lower than what was quoted here.

You are 130 off, but that's something to keep in mind...

What would happen if I did not have enough power?

/stupid question

Well, the important thing to keep in mind here is that it's estimation. I wouldn't put buying a new PSU all on this guy, it was mostly for reference.

If your parts don't have enough power, they could suffer long-run problems. But, as long as the PSU has the extra 12v adapter for the mobo, the ability to power your video card and other devices, I wouldn't really worry.

That form said I needed 492, and I have this one:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817194003

Just barely made it :D

You may want to upgrade to at least a 500w, but that's a tough one..

Darn, this PSU was like brand new....used for about a week. I wonder what I can do with it.

OK so the RAM is in and the computer officially turns on. This is a good sign. Now all I need to do is install the hard disk (comes in on monday) and buy the video card and processor. I should be done by sometime in may.

Id say get more power...
My built ran the psu out in about a week... I had a 450 watt one, then i went to newground and bought my current 550w one for 19 dollars... its still holding strong...
On the video card note, get the 6800gt, its fine for what i do...
-jack

Re: Brad's Upgrade Thread

Brad said:
Hey Guys...I am building this system as a beginning gaming rig (I used to be really into it, but then I fell out of it, now I want to get back into it again). I need this system to be pretty powerful, but I want it to remain quiet as well. The fiance doesn't like the loud fans, but they don't bother me, so that is what I am shooting for, the fans to be quiet.

I should be building this in the next couple months, slowly getting the parts as I have the money. Let me know what you think!

Case:
Thermal Wizard Series Mid-Tower Case (basically a cheap case with a thermometer on it) **INSTALLED**

Motherboard:
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe **INSTALLED**

Video Card:
eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX - Retail

RAM:
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model KVR400X64C3A/1G - Retail **INSTALLED**

HDD:
Maxtor 300GB L01S300 16MB Buffer Serial ATA (SATA) -**BOUGHT**

Sound: Onboard **BOUGHT**

PSU:
Antec TruePower 2.0 430W PSU **INSTALLED**

I don't know if they made a mistake or something at the factory, but my hard drive just got delivered. On the box it says that the transfer rate is 1.5 GB/sec, but on the drive it says that the trasfer rate is 3.0 GB/sec. Let's hope it is an error in my favor!

Brad said:
I don't know if they made a mistake or something at the factory, but my hard drive just got delivered. On the box it says that the transfer rate is 1.5 GB/sec, but on the drive it says that the trasfer rate is 3.0 GB/sec. Let's hope it is an error in my favor!
Model # off the hard drive?

Thats interesting...
Is that what it says on the hdd itself or is that what you bought?
Because if its whats on the hdd then the hdd is only 1.5 gb/s if its what you bought and the hdd says 3.0gb/s then id say that you got yourself a little present :)

That is what I ordered...I will have to take it out of the case (i already installed it)

Ah,
So you installed it withough looking, im confused then, the box said it was 3.0 gb/s?
And yet the box also said it was that model #?

6v300f0

Edit: Looks like it is an SATAII drive.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back