My new car

hey ..for that price (1k) you could spend another 1-2k and put turbo and all that good stuff on it. Would increase gas mileage and power ... plus be a lot more enjoyable to drive in stop n go traffic.

Good find btw on the price.

hey ..for that price (1k) you could spend another 1-2k and put turbo and all that good stuff on it. Would increase gas mileage and power ... plus be a lot more enjoyable to drive in stop n go traffic.

Good find btw on the price.

I hope that was all sarcasm..

Yeah, I really hope that is not what you are really suggesting.

Yeah, I really hope that is not what you are really suggesting.

Well a turbo will not increase gas mileage, but it will add power.. It WILL not make it more enjoyable to drive in stop n go traffic either... :rolleyes:

Turbo will only give me more power after a few seconds, when the Turbo lag is gone. Which in stop and go traffic won't happen, so the turbo does not get a chance to give the power to the engine, thus it is useless.

It won't give me a whole lot more power than it already has, since it was never designed to accept anymore higher pressure air. It will only make it more susceptible to blowing up. Just like adding a blower won't make a difference.

Yesterday I took my time, got a new valve head cover gasket, so I replaced that, and while I was at it I replaced my spark plugs. There were some american spark plugs in there, something one just does not put in a korean car. So I got some DENSO spark plugs:

http://www.densoiridium.com/images/ugroove.gif

Also, as I was removing the old spark plugs, my friend and I noticed that the spark plugs were in the engine VERY loose, which would have meant I would not have been getting such great compression. So after we got the new ones in, we went for a test ride. And WOW that made a difference. Ive got more power on the lower RPM's, it is guzzling down less fuel, and on the highway it is doing almost 500 RPM's less at the same speed. We also painted the Valve head cover, but we have to sand it down and redo it again some other time, as last night we did not have the time for it. It does not yet look as good as it could, so I am not going to be posting pictures yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back