my effing RAM

oh i disabled the LAN and it didn't work still. and the mobo is about 1-2 years old...but I RMA'd it probably 3-6 months ago

it works weeeeeeee
well all i did was clear the cmos like some Abit- customer dude said and it worked. i still don't know if the blue screens were associated with the RAM so we'll have to see. well im happy and im gonna play half life 2 now that i finally have 512mb RAM. bye!

edit: opps i forgot to say something else that was weird. umm my CPU got underclocked to 1.3 ghz instead of 1.8... and uhhh i don't knmow why it did that cuz my RAM is suppose to be 266mhz and thats what my cpu is so they should be the same speed rite

When you cleared cmos it may have set the FSB (front side bus) back to 100 so you would need to go into bios and set it back to 133 which will equal 266.

lol when i changed it back to 133 it wouulndnt start so i switched it to 100 and now it works. weirddddd

try to get the latest bios, that may put yer speed back to normal... coz resetting the cmos removes any updates u may have made

Elektro Slime said:
try to get the latest bios, that may put yer speed back to normal... coz resetting the cmos removes any updates u may have made
Resetting cmos just puts setting back to default and has nothing to do with updating the bios. It just removes any changes you made to the setting in the bios.

ok well you guys guess what. the 512mb caused so many headaches and bluesccreens and i ended up installing windows like 50 times and now everythings so messed up. my mobo is NF7 (rev 2.0) and im using a 2200+ cpu... well i have no clue what to do now - i think im gonna get a dell or somethin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back