• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Documents / My Downloads

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
No matter how many times i delete "My Downloads" from my documents folder it just keep re-appearing.
I was wondering if theres any kinda of tweak or registry edit i could do to get rid of it once and for all?

M

mafiafromrussia

nuh that's not a program. it's some hacker that is making all the folders every time u delete it

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
"My Downloads" is not a default "My" folder, it is user created. Windows should not replace it when you delete it. Therefore, you must have a program that uses it (other than Windows, such as AIM, MSNM, or other IM programs) and that's why it's being replaced.

L

leavemealone11

I know that iMesh forces a folder called "My Downloads" it the folder you specify, if it is iMesh simply change the directory from within imesh.

E

eGoalter

i do believe it belongs to aim if my memory is ok hehe..

Originally posted by madmatt
"My Downloads" is not a default "My" folder, it is user created. Windows should not replace it when you delete it. Therefore, you must have a program that uses it (other than Windows, such as AIM, MSNM, or other IM programs) and that's why it's being replaced.
its aim im pretty sure. aim has a reg entry that makes it reaapear.;)

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Re: i do believe it belongs to aim if my memory is ok hehe..

Originally posted by eGoalter

its aim im pretty sure. aim has a reg entry that makes it reaapear.;)
Actually, the default AIM download directory is "filelib" stored in the my documents folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies