my documents in xp

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
i know there is a way to do this but i dont know how. i plan o formating my drive so that xp is on a seperate partition. how can i move the my documents folder (or documents and settings folder) onto the other partition. thanks in advance.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
There is a couple of ways to do this, here's one:

To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
Click the Target tab.
In the Target box, do one of the following:
Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK. For example, D:\My Stuff.
If the folder does not exist, the Create Message dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.
-or-
Click Move, click the folder in which to store your documents, and then click OK twice.

If you need to create a new folder, click Make New Folder. Type a name for the folder, and then click OK twice.
In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Here's the other method:

Start regedit.exe.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/User Shell Folders.
Double-click Personal (for My Documents) and change the value.
Close regedit.
Log off and restart the machine for the change to take effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut