My ATI Radon graphic card has no sound...

Syedur

OSNN Addict
I understand that it doesn't have any sound because it is not attached to my sound card... but I read the manual and they don't tell you how to attatch the internal card to the sound card...

Some on please help me on this topic if you can.

im not sure i understand whta ure saying
your ATI Radeon Card is a Graphics Card
thats the card that puts what you see on screen.

The soundcard is a SEPERATE card. It can be built onto your motherboard or is a card.
You dont get ATI Radeon cards with Soundcards built on it... i dont think you get any combos like that.

I have the ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 32 DDR. You'll need to look on your card and it should have "CD IN" and "CD OUT" printed on it by the connectors. You'll want to connect the CD OUT on the Graphics Card to the CD IN on your sound card. Then there's a software setting for how you get your TV sound - I believe you'll need to select "Line" but i'm not positive - When you have a channel playing, just toggle the different selections until it starts playing.

Originally posted by Lonman
I have the ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 32 DDR. You'll need to look on your card and it should have "CD IN" and "CD OUT" printed on it by the connectors. You'll want to connect the CD OUT on the Graphics Card to the CD IN on your sound card. Then there's a software setting for how you get your TV sound - I believe you'll need to select "Line" but i'm not positive - When you have a channel playing, just toggle the different selections until it starts playing.

Yes, you are getting to what I am saying...
As for akash, sorry about misunderstanding...

Ok, here is the thing...
My graphic card didn't come with any speacial cords... so do I have to buy a cord...? Also if my sound card is built-in, where will be the "CD IN" in my sound card?

Thanks.

Yeah, you'll need to buy a cord for it. It's not quite like the CDRom to soundcard cord though. The cord i used had like three different ends on it.

Look on your motherboard and see where your CDRom plugs into it with it's sound cord. Your CD IN should be close to that. Look at the socket type - if the CD OUT is the same as the CD IN, then you can pull the cord and take it and your ATI Card to radio shack or someplace to get the cord you need.

You could look in your motherboard manual too, to locate your CD plug-ins.

If you need more help give me the make and model of your motherboard and the complete name of your graphics card and i'll help you look for diagrams that show the plug-ins on them. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back