• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Music and Pictures folders have gone

Guybrush

Village Idiot
Just installed service pack 3 for my old Windows XP computer and both my Pictures and My Music folders have dispapeared from my Start menu.

I have gone into the start menu properties and tried all available options to show my Pictures/music as a menu etc but to no avail.

Any ideas?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Maybe try switching back to classic start menu and then back to whatever the other one is called ("non classic"?) lol

-edit-

Just saw your folders are missing - did you do a search incase they got moved somehow? I suppose that makes sense as to why they are no longer on your start menu. AFAIK it has the ability to validate shortcuts and remove them if non-existent/broken.

Guybrush

Village Idiot
Maybe try switching back to classic start menu and then back to whatever the other one is called ("non classic"?) lol

-edit-

Just saw your folders are missing - did you do a search incase they got moved somehow? I suppose that makes sense as to why they are no longer on your start menu. AFAIK it has the ability to validate shortcuts and remove them if non-existent/broken.
Strange things are afoot in this household. Both the folders and shortcuts have now returned. I did as suggested and changed to Classic view to no avail, changed the windows themes a couple of times and then back tp XP mode and bingo.

Thanks for your advice.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog