MS Reader Activation

G

GreenFrog

Hi,

I been trying to activate my MS reader all day. The website http://das.microsoft.com/activate been showing the "The page cannot be displayed" error.

This it just me or is the site down?

Anyone know of a way to activate without going to the site?

Many thanks

Site may just be down. Massive new Worm hit last night (servers only so don't worry). Try latter today it should be up. The morale of the story is MS should use linux servers. The Worm only attacks Microsoft SQL servers. :)

Microsoft products get hit the most because they are installed on a mucher larger user base. This worm targets Microsoft SQL and MySQL servers which means it affects both Apache and IIS. Apache is attacked all the time so your comment about Linux servers does not hold any relevance. The hole in which this worm exploits has been known for a little while, it's because these mor0nic Admins don't patch there servers properly! This is no different from Code RED back in summer 2001. My friend and I were at Exodus communications where we store our offsite servers on the day code red hit. People were running around like crazy because their sites were down...ours were running fine. I apply patches when they come out, not when they're suddenly needed...

Maybe a little off topic so to anser the question I agree with the forst reply :)

For clarification I would like to alter a little of what I said above. Although this worm is attacking web servers running SQL it's also attacking any vulnerable servers on the internet running this softare. So it's not only IIS...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back