• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ms-dos app for floppies

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
my best m8's friend has a compaq laptop and its buggered... he needs to run an app but its about 4 odd MB large..

I know there are some small apps in ms-dos that allow the file to be copied onto 3 floppies in partitions and then copied onto the hdd in safe-mode command prompt...

if anyone has any information or links I would greatly appreciate it :)

thanks...

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
File Chopper comes to mind ...... not sure where to find it now but I have a copy on one of my older cd's I used it back in the days of win98

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
thanks... I'll give it a twirl before walking him through it (he's in tampa... I'm in austin @ the moment)

I used to know an app a while back pre A-levels that I used all the time to chop up Mortal Kombat (the original :D )

we got adept @ it and had brilliant .bat files going to keep the thing hidden and what not, but now I can't remember what it was (its been a while)

hopefully this will do the trick :)

thanks for the info..

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
This thing works good and you can either use file chopper to restore of just create a .bat at the time of chopping and use that to restore... its almost the same as it was a few years back I just installed and looked at it. I remember it working very well.

YW

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies