MP3 Playback volume

Jestermask

WinTMBG Professional
Some of my MP3 files play at a much lower volume level than some others. Why is this? Is there a way to fix this? If I need to re-rip some things, that's fine, but I'd like to know how to rip them properly in WMP9 so that this doesn't happen again. :)

~JM

oerficus

OSNN Addict
There's no need of ripping again. Just check out mp3gain. It's freeware (as far as I know) and you can get it here --> http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

greets, Oerficus

...Just wanted to add that there is NO loss of quality when adjusting the volume of the tracks!!!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
oerficus said:
There's no need of ripping again. Just check out mp3gain. It's freeware (as far as I know) and you can get it here --> http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

greets, Oerficus

...Just wanted to add that there is NO loss of quality when adjusting the volume of the tracks!!!
Open-source! Excellent

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Or use Foobar2000 to scan them and play them back. You have the option of storing replaygain values in ape2 tags or in a database. There is also a replaygain plugin for winamp. Give me a knock later and I can give you some urls.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
When you ripp them normalize them. Then the volume will be the same ... Thanx for the link oerficus that looks really cool .. It can help with the ones you download :)

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Johnny said:
When you ripp them normalize them. Then the volume will be the same ... Thanx for the link oerficus that looks really cool .. It can help with the ones you download :)

Normalizing is a bad idea. Normalizing does NOT make things sound the same volume. It works via peak levels. Read here

Foobar2000

Replaygain for WinAmp

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
That does sound interesting dreamliner .. I'll take a further look at it here in a bit .

Members online

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyHennessy