• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mozilla 1.4 download problem

All of a sudden, Mozilla refuses to download a file. When I click a link, it just doesn't do anything. I have not applied any themes, nor did I upgrade/modified Mozilla in any way. How to correct this problem (besides a re-install)?

I can't even access the Download Manager (Tools -> Download Manager) :( Where is the download-list stored (for manual deletion)? I can't find anything in the Registry, not in the Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla folder and also not in the Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org folder.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I think this may be it, but I'm not 100% sure.
C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\dso5gqxv.slt\downloads.rdf
(change my name for yours, and the slt folder will be different too :) )

Nope, removed the file, restarted mozilla (also killed the background app with Task Manager), but I still can't open the downloadmanager, nor can I download any files. I can download files (using direct links, not the stupid redirect links NTFS uses) with FreeDownload though, it kicks in at just the right time.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Is there any reason that you really don't want to re-install mozilla? It keeps all your settings etc anyway... So maybe it's worth a try?

Nah, I hate to re-install things just to fix something. Especially with Mozilla it should be easy to at least identify the problem, because it's open-sourced. But I think I will re-install it anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test