Movie Review: The Expendables (May Contain Spoilers)

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Howdy Everyone,
Just got back from a pre-showing of the expendables and I left that theatre with a big smile on my face. Let me just say, if you liked the new rambo movie by Stallone then you will love this movie, it has plenty of explosions and gore to satisfy any man. The character development is kinda good, in that it makes you connect with a few of the characters and of course Jason Statham displays his bad-ass martial arts skills as well as some throwing knife perfection. Stallone is his usual or just brute craziness, Jet Li is the short guy who is still pretty awesome and Terry Crews is the guy with the AA-12 (lets just say.... He does work). If you know who Eric Roberts is then you will be pleased to see him in this film playing a pretty evil guy.
The movie had an excellent soundtrack (If you like CCR and Thin Lizzy). And did I mention it had just a few explosions and gore.

In short, this movie is the perfect "guy movie", its not sophisticated and its not romantic, its just good clean(bloody) fun.

P.S. There is no scene at the end of the credits so don't bother waiting until the end of the ridiculously long credits to find out.

-Edit-
Oh Yea,
I forgot, Mickey Rourke is also in The Expendables (as I'm sure you know) and although he looks exactly like he did in Iron Man 2 (I mean exactly) he does have a different accent and is a pretty cool guy in the movie.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back