[Movie Review] Scott Pilgrim V/S The World

Sazar

Rest In Peace
The tag-lines are pretty straight-forward for the movie and I think pretty much everyone knows the basic premise as a result.

However, do not judge this book purely by it's cover because this movie ROCKS.

The first 4/5th's of the movie are absolutely mind-blowing (IMO) and the various gaming/pop culture/geek/nostalgic references are beyond cool. The audience (myself included) cheered every new development as Pilgrim went through his journey.

The last 1/5th slows down and feels slightly disjointed compared to how awesome the first parts were, but still the movie is just so far beyond almost anything out there right now, I have to say this is a definite must-see. Think of it as Kick-Ass, but with wider appeal.

The acting is decent throughout, the music rocks and the imagery is spectacularly done.

Highly recommended.

4.5/5 stars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back