[Movie Review] Open Water

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Ok... I am really split on what I thought about this movie..

I had the option of watching it floating on a rubber inner-tube on lake travis last week but decided instead to go to the Lance Armstrong welcome back parade/concert downtown...

the movie has low production values (and it is painfully apparent all around) but even so the 2 main leads do a decent job with their acting...

the cinematography though is decidedly that expected from a typical B movie...

the sharks and other sea life present are real and are so to keep production values down and the realism does add to the essence of the movie...

however the sense of suspense and fright/expectation just isn't there (for me anyways... )

I almost fell asleep twice during the movie coz the pacing was so bad but on the whole when it was moving it was tolerable...

the director and camera-man certainly need to work on their art as does the script/dialogue writer...

there so many hair-brained moments it just detracts.. I am sure SOMEONE had to have said SOMETHING when watching the final rushes about the quality of some of th ememoent...

tbh though if you watch it as a home movie it can be a passable event...

I'll be generous and give it a 2.5/5 OSNN star rating... the sharks were top-notch :cool: and not some silly CGI...

tbh though if you watch it as a home movie it can be a passable event...

I'll be generous and give it a 2.5/5 OSNN star rating... the sharks were top-notch and not some silly CGI...

I guess I'll pass then :D When one is being generious with a 2.5 and praises the sharks...it must have been atroscious ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back