[Movie Review] 3:10 to Yuma

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
My second movie of the day, 3:10 to Yuma is superb! And that is coming from a guy who doesn't really like Westerns. I mean there are some great westerns. But overall, it's not my favorite genre. Unforgiven is great, so is Tomestone, but since then there hasn't been much to see.

For better or for worse, 3:10 to Yuma will revive the western. It tells a great story about how far a man will go to protect his family and his livelihood. Christian Bale is amazing as always as the rancher who, after a chance encounter with a notorious criminal is caught up in the effort to transport him to the prison train bound for Yuma. The criminal is Russell Crowe and once again is great. Crowe's part reminds me of Alan Rickman in Die Hard, you know he's the bad guy, but it's hard not to like him. The ending is strange, at first I hated it. It wasn't bad enough to ruin the movie but it didn't make a lot of sense. However after thinking about it for a while, I get what happened and why it happened that way. Now I have even more respect for the film.

So all in all its great, filled with amazing performances not just form the leads but from all actors. Pay close attention to Ben Foster (Angel from X-Men: The Last Stand) as Crowe's right hand man. He is tremendous, and would have stolen the show if it wasn't for how great Crowe and Bale are. Go see it ASAP.

4.5 out of 5 OSNN Stars

On a side note, not sure what trailers play where but I saw the ones for American Gangster (Denzel Washington & Russel Crowe again) and it looks awesome, as does There Will Be Blood (Daniel Day Lewis, written and directed by Paul Thomas Andersom). It's gonna be a great race for Best Picture and Actor this year!

I can't wait to see this movie. I might go tonight.

Also, American Gangster has been on my list for the past few weeks too. That should be awesome too.

Sweet review. Still gotta check this one out. :)

Great movie.

Thought I posted a review. Obviously not.

Shoot em up ROCKED too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back