News Microsoft, Yahoo link up to battle Google

I thought with the launch of Bing.com, Microsoft wouldn't pursue this avenue but apparently I was wrong.

Microsoft Corp. has finally roped Yahoo Inc. into an Internet search partnership, capping a convoluted pursuit that dragged on for years and finally setting the stage for the rivals to make an all-out assault against the dominance of Google Inc.
The 10-year deal announced Wednesday gives Microsoft access to the Internet's second-largest search engine audience, adding a potentially potent weapon to the software maker's Internet arsenal as it tries to better confront Google, the leader in online search and advertising.
Google tried to stop Yahoo from falling into Microsoft's camp. Last year it formed its own proposed search advertising deal with Yahoo, only to be forced to retreat from that alliance after U.S. antitrust officials threatened to sue.
You can read more at the link below!

:source: News Source: WFAA

Last edited by a moderator:
More $ down the drain. :)
... gives Microsoft access to the Internet's second-largest search engine audience, adding a potentially potent weapon to the software maker's Internet arsenal as it tries to better confront Google, the leader in online search and advertising.
If they need the help of Yahoo! to "confront" Google they have already lost.

Bing is the king of advertising. Every website I visit so far has a Bing.com ad, even in the text links! Microsoft is spending really heavily on advertising, it's no wonder Bing search traffic has gone up. Google doesn't need to do anything, Microsoft will never be able to catch up!

One more thing..Bing is now Binghoo®!

Scrapping for Desktop search will be next

With the 2 Giants still fighting it out over Net search; somebody else will slip in and get the real prize. Desktop search. As soon as a individual gets their own digital video, music, pics, text, ... They'll need something better than both these companies are offering.

Re: Scrapping for Desktop search will be next

With the 2 Giants still fighting it out over Net search; somebody else will slip in and get the real prize. Desktop search. As soon as a individual gets their own digital video, music, pics, text, ... They'll need something better than both these companies are offering.
Google Desktop?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back