Messenger Service Pop-UPs

D

demon4870

Anybody getting these??? I dont know if anyone has disscussed it already, but me and my moms computer get them for no reason, then my friend said he gets them too. I just installed the Windows Update patch i dont know if that fixes the problem, but i cant reboot yet. lol waiting on a download :). I have attached a picture to show this thing, there are about 4 or 5 different ones that i know of. The worst is the one that says "If you want to stop these pop-ups goto www..... and download our product". But if anyone knows anything about these let me know. From what i know they only affect 2000 and XP

ok dude this is easy to fix.

click start >> control panel >> administrative tools >> services.

go down the list untill you find 'messanger' right click it >> properties. set the 'start up type' to disable and if it's running click the stop button.

done.

[Edit]
the messanger service is only of any real use if your computer is part of a domain. other wise you don't need it running.

Get your own back on the messengers

Simple enough, the messenger service pop-ups are achieved by a dos command no less!!!

if you facny your hand at annoying your friends by sending them pop-ups do the following: :cool:

Start > Run > cmd;

then type the following:

NET SEND <comp name (for networks) | ip address | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS> <message here>

Nothing to do with MSN Messenger.

Click props on connection and use firewall. Must have SP1 for some reason.

Originally posted by tankieboy
Nothing to do with MSN Messenger.

Click props on connection and use firewall. Must have SP1 for some reason.

I dont know what your trying to say sorry not being sassy just I dont get this? And welcome to NTFS :)

Get Norton Firewall 2003 it blocks ads and pop ups.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back