memory dumpage

M

moderngeek

i've been playing alot of games lately (morrowind, gta3, dungeon siege, warcraft 3, fifa 2002) and after i've been playing for a while, i get a funky memory dump error. the cool navy blue windows one. sometimes, whatever the last sound was skips for an infinite ammount of time and then i have to reboot. i have the latest nvidia detonators, latest audigy drivers. i've heard that on asus boards, there may be a tweak in the BIOS that fixes this.

my configuration:

XP Pro
Asus A7V133, AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHZ 266 fsb
768mb [pc 133] micron ram (1) 512 (1) 256
30gb western digital HD
60gb quantum fireball HD
Creative audigy soundcard
generic geforce 2 MX AGP video card

I dunno how to fix it, I haven't had a problem with it, basically, what it is, (I believe) is that the game you were playing:

A.) Overwrote something in the RAM that the OS needed to function.

or

B.) Dumped some of your memory that it didn't need anymore, along with some critical system stuff your PC needed to function.

I would try turning off Video BIOS Shadow in your BIOS, that may help it...other than that you could buy more RAM...

But don't take my word on this for what it is...I can't tell you that this is it 100%.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back