mavisXP theme

Uploaded!! :)

I didn't have time this morning to do the Graphite and Platinum versions of the new start button , I mean, I did them but in like two minutes so they're not perfect. The platinum one looks good but the graphite one could use some improvement.... lol

enjoy! Lemme know what you think!

mavis

Do I need any special external software to use this theme?
If not, how do I change my theme in XP Pro?

Thanx!

UPDATE!!

Hey guys!!

I just finished working on my theme some more (another friggin 4 hours, lol) and I've updated the zip file... It now has a fully edited .theme file, so it shows in the Theme Select window when you right click on your desktop. I've also included the desktop wallpaper as seen in my sig, the font I used on the start button graphic, a cool WMP skin, cool default desktop icons, and default alpha-blended semi-opaque cursors. :) :)

Lemme know what you guys think!

mavis

edit: Thanks to RedawgTS at neowin.net, the theme now shows in the WinXP visual style list!! Awesome!! The .zip has been updated, of course. Enjoy!

a tutorial? That link I gave you has some instructions, which part are you getting hung up on?

All you need to do is install StyleXP from www.tgtsoft.com, then once you've rebooted or whatever, right click on your desktop, click on the "Appearance" tab, and select the visual style of your choice from the drop-down "Windows and buttons menu."

Does that help? :)

mavis

hey mavis......any word on getting that zip icon released yet?

I have d/l them from mmicons web ... BUT.... XP icons files are zip-binhex.hqx how do I open it????

Thanks.

/edit Gotcha

Mavis, I love your theme, very clean and slinky looking. Well done!

Small Bug

Love the theme, but I've found a small bug with sliders (see attached).

Just another couple of very minor things, it might be hard to fix these, but I cant see that it happens anywhere else. Im surprised that no one else has reported these, especially the sliders. Its not just me is it?!

Mavis I love it :D ... LOL and i got the patched theme file to work 1st time

WTF?!? IT IS MY PC!

Whats going on? I've tried the theme on a different pc and it works perfectly! I've uninstalled it, tried another theme and the sliders work ok. But as soon as I put mavisXP back on the slider bug is back.

Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah, I cant seem to get rid of it. I've also found another very minor bug, which only seems to affect my pc for some reason. When dragging shortcuts on the start menu, the mouse pointer gets a kind of shadow around it. Again, this doesnt happen on the other pc that I installed the theme on.

I just dont get it, because I applied the patch the same way on both machines and all other themes work fine on my machine.

hehe, I've been caught. lol

Yeah, I was never able to get around that slider problem myself, there are also some instances of button text, etc not fitting correctly, even though I tried every possible content offset setting imaginable. You'll also find some curious radio check boxes in various places, for example IE|Tools|Internet Options|Advanced ... Kinda weird, and I never could get rid of them...

Anyway, I'll have a chance to work on it in about 4 months or so, so if anyone else wants to fool around with it and re-release it in the meantime, feel free - just make sure to include the readme(s) since my theme is heavily derived from other people's work, and they deserve credit... :)

mavis

Cheers Mavis, I've been going insane trying to get it to work properly! <g> Great theme still tho.

If anyone does work on the fixes, heres another small one to look at:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back