Major crashes, need help or prognoses

from blizzard site:

Step 1:done
2=done
3=done
4=done
run program.....FATAL ERROR during a ladder game that lost me 150 positions, doesent that suck?

Excuse me for interupting but does the pc crash in safemode, this is quite important as this normally determines weather there is a hardware fault as most of the s/w is disabled.
Have you removed all un-needed progs from msconfig ? , does the pc crash randomly or normally when your doing the same task ? , have you installed the windows XP updates ? What progs are installed ?
These are all questions that need to be answered before jumping on the hardware failure bandwagon !

It's very obvious that your memory is not working properly... must be some capacitor in there not storing so you have problem writing on it... if you have spare memory or borrow one from your friend ... just change all memory and see if the problem is still there.... I had similar problem b4.. system hang for no reason.. even if you are not doing anything... try it.. sure it would help..

Paul, are you referring to the hard drive or the RAM that is not functioning?

RAM for sure... I don't think there is something to do with the Hard drive...

ok thanks, i will defenitly persue that, just got to find a friend who has DDR, heh, most of them are stuck on P4's and sd-ram

im pritty sure there P4's have sd-ram, but ya never know :cool:

yeah.. I know there are some mother board take SDram for P4 .... but then... that would be a waste of the CPU... tell them not to be tight ass ... pay an extra buck.. :)

yeah right, your talking about the cheapest people ever, im the only one with a decient computer and isent infected by pentium. Would there be any noticable differences in the ram or would it look the same as if it were new?

Just by looking at the screen would be exactly the same... but performance would be totally different.. :) I am sure you will notice it when you run large programs and cpu intensive programs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back