MacBook Pro issues

X-Istence

Political Access
So, my MacBook Pro was dropped off at Apple support late monday night, and has been shipped out by them to get fixed.

I was having issues when while it was charging, and I was using it that I would get shocked really bad every so often. After some checking, I found out there was a grounding fault, and that every so often it would pump a full 120 volts through the case itself rather than back out to the power brick. Also, my screen would every so often flicker off and back on. Sometimes every hour, and other times it would not do it for days.

My power supply also when charging, I would know a shock was coming because the little LED in the power adapter would stop glowing orange/green and instead would go out entirely (still charging the battery though).

The genius was awesome, he immediatly shipped it off to the apple repair center, and told me that he would do that for me since I knew one of the ex-apple employees there. So I got rush shipped :p. He said it was easier than ordering parts and hoping it would fix the issue, so I should hopefully be getting a laptop with new guts in it!

That being said, since I am without my MacBook Pro I have been feeling rather naked, like I am missing my phone, or left it at home. So in feeling of desperation and eye-candy, I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on an old P4 with 1 GB of ram. Please don't shoot me!

Man I'm sorry, especially about the Vista part. I think I might have opted for the persistent electrocutions. ;)

Man I'm sorry, especially about the Vista part. I think I might have opted for the persistent electrocutions. ;)

Vista is not as bad as when I first tried it. It allows me to do the homework I am required to do for my classes, so not all is bad.

Besides, if I am to be a technology geek and know my OS's, I should at least try running Vista to figure it all out, and work with it for a while..

Vista is not as bad as when I first tried it. It allows me to do the homework I am required to do for my classes, so not all is bad.

Besides, if I am to be a technology geek and know my OS's, I should at least try running Vista to figure it all out, and work with it for a while..

I agree, and I was obviously exaggerating. ;) I've used Vista myself and like a lot of things about it, but it's no XP-killer, or OS X-killer for that matter.

My MacBook Pro is read for pick up. Here is hoping they did not wipe the hard drive!

Will go pick it up tomorrow when I have time. Will be nice to have that back. I really do miss Mac OS X.

Windows Vista is the new chick in town who is very uptight and only likes certain people. After being around her for a while, you need a shower and some lovin from your steady girlfriend (Mac OS X)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back