• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lost my home network - HELP!

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political User
Ever since I installed Norton 2006 my home network has been inaccessible.

Every time I try to access previously accessible folders on the netwroked PC's i get error messages telling me the Network path was not found.

I've tried making a new network, this seems to work but I then get the same messages.

Now I have two networks, neither of which work. When I first set it up it was easy now nothing I am trying works :(

1) Does anybody know if norton 2006 could be the issue - as far as I am aware I've enabled across the network range so norton should be allowing the network.

2) How can I delete these useless networks from "my network places"?

Ta

Mubbers

bush dogg

OSNN Senior Addict
Political User
Yes I would say that’s Norton… you have to add the computers to the trusted sites in Norton personal firewall and if I remember right run the Norton network setup wizard within Norton ,check out the manual from Here and look on page 12/13 it will give you the steps to correct the problem. (maybe)

I had this problem with NPF a few years back, it can be a pain to setup.:)

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political User
I'd tried disabling norton but that didn't work!

However I checked out the manual and I'm now back up and running after I checked out the "Trust Control" tab

Thanks chaps!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal