Lost internet connection windows 2000

P

painbird

The first suggestion did not do it.

I did everything you suggested and was only able to get a ping back from the IP at the Default Gateway from the laptop.

Thanks again!

P

painbird

I tried part one. Did not work.

Followed step for step part two. Only able to get ping back from the Default Gateway IP from the lap top.

P

painbird

Unfortunatly I have never had the need for a screen capture program. Now that I do can;t go download on. I'll fugure it out and get back to you

Xie

- geek -
You have a router that is giving you an IP via DHCP ... in the router config does the router show your computer under the DHCP part? This is an odd one as shutting your computer off normal or not shouldn't mess your connecton like this.

P

painbird

I went ahead and tried a direct connection from my modem to my ethernet card. Here is a screen shot if the ipconfig/all. Sorry. I had to block out the actual IP's.

Attachments

Xie

- geek -
hmm... if your behind a router your router ip should be the "defualt gateway" ... i see you have a 24.xxx.xxx.xxx ip there instead of a 192.168.xxx.xxx ip for your router ;)

P

painbird

I getting to the point where I think I may have to restore my system. I have a DVD back-up from a month ago. I may have to hit the switch.

Here is what I got from an ipconfig /renew

Attachments

P

painbird

To all who helped. Thank you. I'm going to restore my system back to a month ago. If that doesn't work then it's off to XP land.
Thanks for all the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syoneown