Lord of the rings 2

L

Lizario

you haven´t seen a better film like this.It`s better than Lotr 1....

And i can`t wait when it comes to Estonian cinemas......

lol. and i dont really like first one. i dont suppose 2nd one will be any better

Can we try to use the name of the movie or movies that are being talk about as some people well think that the name of the new Lord of the Rings movie is Lord of the Rings 2 instead of the real name which is Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

but it's a secuel right? so it could be called part 2 i think. but Chastity is correct, better say the full name

Oh my. I went to see that movie, and I by the time I go out, I was so tired. It wasn't that bad for a fairly tale adventure movie, but how long it was.

I'll probably go see the 2nd either way, just to see how it ends...oh wait, no no, there's a 3rd one coming out...

i loved the first one and i know im going to love the second.ect

Hipster can't wait & is there. YEAH BABY.

small-popcorn.gif

for the ignorant... the lord of the rings is a SAGA... 6 books, 3 volumes and voila... 3 movies each one covering the 3 separate volumes...

fellowship of the ring was volume 1... and the two towers is volume 2... there is a third movie based on the third volume but I will leave that out of this discussion...

I have long been an admirer of the prose of tolkien... the way he wrote was brilliant.. the vista's he describes and the words he uses bring the book to life... the characters in the book are very well rounded and their mannerisms grow on one as they read through the epic...

fellowship of the ring followed the book almost to the T... and brought to the screen the book as I had imagined it while reading many years ago...

I loved that the book was not bassturdised when ported to the big screen and I am going to watch the two towers to see more of the fantasy...

mafia.. if you dont have a fondness for the movie.. or the book... leave it at that...

there can't be a 4th and/or 5th or more because there were only 3 volumes.. only other thing that can happen is the making of the HOBBIT.. another beloved book... will be made into a prequel...

the third movie is going to be cool, The Return Of The King !

Anywone knows when the Lord's of Rings go past in Europe?

Well it's out in the UK in November.

I agree with Sazar, the 1st film was very close to the book. The noteable exception being the plotline with Arwen. She doesn't feature in the 1st book (she may have a small role) but certainly is not involved in rescuing Frodo.

However It worked in the film and as far as I'm concerned did not spoil it in any way. I suppose you have to recognise that things filmic need a certain amount of spicing up!!

I'm certainly looking forward to Lord 2 :eek: The Two Towers

Mubbers

Posted by Mubbers
Well it's out in the UK in November.

I agree with Sazar, the 1st film was very close to the book. The noteable exception being the plotline with Arwen. She doesn't feature in the 1st book (she may have a small role) but certainly is not involved in rescuing Frodo.

However It worked in the film and as far as I'm concerned did not spoil it in any way. I suppose you have to recognise that things filmic need a certain amount of spicing up!!

I'm certainly looking forward to Lord 2 :eek: The Two Towers

Mubbers

if you continue to and read the appendices of the books then arwen does have a larger part though she is not in the main story...

however as you said :) I did not see her having anything to do with the rescue as it happened in the movie of frodo... it was the fellowship who did take the "young" hobbit to the elves...

arwen and aragorn do in the book have a little chemistry :) if you read the appendices... :) they just expanded arwen's role lol... to 'spice' things up as you say

Absolutely, they get married in the end.

But also in the Two Towers whatsherchops daughter of the King of Rohan has a bit of a crush on Aragorn, how will that be handled in the film I wonder?

Mubbers

Ha :) I read the appendicies, but not the last time I read the book. It reminded me though:

How many folk slog through all the songs he wrote? Personally I tried but couldn't hack it!!! :D

lol.. well the songs are a bit iffy to figure out... but at least they didn't make LOTR into a musical :)

they are making a few minor changes... I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't talk about a KEY change in the movie... its not ommitted... just been left for the last installment.. . :)

Of course you've seen it right? Bloody Yanks it's just so not fair!! :D :D

:D A musical!! Maybe we should re-cast it?

Starting with:

Julie Andrews as Arwen & Dean Martin as Aragorn.

I'm also thinking that Doris Day has a role somewhere....

Mubbers

Sazar, I'm still laughin' - musical :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back