Live in Texas? Gas up tonight.

to add there are many other things that make gas prices much more expensive. In each geographical area there is a different gasoline blend than in the next area. Plus there is different blends for each season. The gas in the winter in chicago is different than the gas in the winter in california. The gas in the winter in chicago is different than the gas in the summer in chicago. This all drives prices up.

though like said earlier americans have it great that we pay so little for gasoline when you look at the rest of the world. Also the planes and everything else that uses gas. and the crude oil is used in so many other things.

not trying to be a crazy man or conspiracy theorist but the technology is out there to have more efficient cars. When my girlfriend's car is a nice roomy powerful car(subaru legacy 2003) but has the gas efficiency of a much smaller less powerful car, they can obviously put this tech into more cars.

yep.. pretty sick.... it's 1.999 here in central Texas.. and I thought that sucked because I knew it was about to go up and I waited a day and it boosted from 1.899 to this current mark..

I need a bike

Tuffgong4 said:
not trying to be a crazy man or conspiracy theorist but the technology is out there to have more efficient cars. When my girlfriend's car is a nice roomy powerful car(subaru legacy 2003) but has the gas efficiency of a much smaller less powerful car, they can obviously put this tech into more cars.

Ha, they already do in most other countries, Americans just have to get around the idea that bigger is better (engines that is) :)

It's about $2.10 here for regular. I don't really care much about the gas prices. I live in a state where tourism is so great that I don't have to pay state income taxes and everything is just cheaper here, with the exception of Beef and Milk. Beef runs about $4.50 lb and a gallon of milk the same. Since I just moved I'm still trying to get used to paying that since it was about $1.50 a lb for beef and $1.99 a gallon for milk. I moved from Indiana to Florida.

RickyC said:
Ha, they already do in most other countries, Americans just have to get around the idea that bigger is better (engines that is) :)

Not only that, but the oil companies are buying new techs. We already have the technology to make a car that is powered off of water, but the oil companies will never left them go into production till they have raped our planet dry

People living in the USA can go to GasPriceWatch then enter your zip code and find the stations with the cheapest price for your area.

everything by me is 2.30 at the lowest!!!!!!!!!!

It's a little over 2.10 over at my local Sam's club where I get my premium from.

The Altima costs more than my Maxima, cos of its engine. But c'est la vie.

Might have to transition to a hybrid Accord V6 soon.

Gotta quit driving the gas guzzlers...I have a Mini Cooper S, and even with premium at 2.90/gal it only cost $30 to fill it from E...........More smiles to the gallon!!!!!!!

I am holding off on getting a new car till some more hybrids come out ...

I drove to Chicago on a random road trip last night with my buddies.

Filled up almost 3 times to get there and back. Prices changed alot along the way. One minute its 2.09 and the next exit its 2.41. Have pictures and video of the random trip from when we left at 9:50pm last night and got home at 8am this morning.

I live ~ 4 hours away from Chicago. Glad they pitched in for gas cause 200 miles to the tank sucks ass.

have any video of anything interesting besides a few guys driving in a car? :eek:

Tuffgong4 said:

Look at the cars in europe! My grand dad's car has a 40 liter tank:

40 liters = 10.566882 US gallons

and we can drive about 500 -> 600 KM's before having to fill it up, which is:

550 km / 40 liter = 13.75 km/liter

340 miles / 10 gallon = 34 miles/g

You don't see many cars in the US that get that kind of miles per gallon at all. If everyone would just get a car that was more fuel efficient, then so much money could be saved, one could buy a second car with the saved money within 5 years.

kcnychief said:
have any video of anything interesting besides a few guys driving in a car? :eek:
Ummm video of the Ghetto,Our first visit to White Castle,Sears Tower and just us in my Blazer messing around on our way there and on the way home

Not much we could do when we were. We did see the biggest McDonalds in our life. It was 2 stores with arches and bunch of flat screen tvs and just it was weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back