• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Latitude E-series discussion

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/01/dell-latitude-e-series-leaked/

So, there were likely be a couple of different versions. The mid/high-end version is the one that I can't wait to get my mitts on :D

Backlit keys, E-Sata and so forth, very lovely.

With LED displays, the weight should drop nicely compared to the current models. The back of the systems is nice and clean and provides a nice solution to hold while walking around.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Negative ghost rider. The slot looks completely different.

Also, the series number/letter (E in this case) denotes a completely different family, like the D series and the C series before. It will be different as a result. They do seem to have some cool new accessories but I only saw the 3'rd party ones, not the Dell branded ones.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Damn, not good news for work.
How long, would you reckon, before the D-series stop getting sold/leased?

We have D-series docks at all our sites for hotdesking, having both D and Es out there will make life hard (we got rid of the last of our Cs about 2 years ago I think)

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I think the E-series will likely debut around summer? I am working on getting my grubby l'il mitts on a pre-production model.

The D should therefore probably EOL around the end of the year given various factors. I am not totally sure simply because I don't have visibility on these things :(

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I am looking forward to these new notebooks. I've been selling a ton of the current D-series notebooks lately. Good notebooks but dated look. The E-series looks nice.

How do the LED backlights stack up to the flourescent?
-Better ruggedness and life I assume.
-Do they help the power consumption much?

It'll be nice not having to worry about the backlights dying prematurely.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Typical that a few days befor eI get my new laptop they release Penryn for D-series.
Oh wait, before... Time to update my quote :D

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
How do the LED backlights stack up to the flourescent?
-Better ruggedness and life I assume.
-Do they help the power consumption much?

It'll be nice not having to worry about the backlights dying prematurely.
Longer life, brighter, lower power consumption from what I understand. I can't comment on ruggedness.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn