• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Laptop Spares (UK)

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
im in need of a new CPU cooler for this Tiny notebook i got... anyone got any ideas where from ?

(P3 coppermine heatpipe jobby)

Taurus

hardware monkey
*watches gonzo go... gonzo*

why are you doing such a thing? i doubt the little p2 heatsink is going to be adequate.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
its a P3 1100, i got a stock 40mm fan off a P2 heatsink and glued it into the laptop heatpipe :D its enough to stop the laptop rebooting and the customer asked the famous question "I need it fixing today, is there anything you can do without the correct spares ?":cool:

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by GoNz0
im in need of a new CPU cooler for this Tiny notebook i got...
i saw "cpu cooler" and thought you were looking for a replacement heatsink. nothing wrong with adding fans, i suppose. :) but did you try removing the heatpipe deal, cleaning it, and applying some fresh as3? that should help too.

Removing the heatpipe and cleaning it, like Taurus said, might help.

Heh, a fan on the heatpipe, makes for voiding the warranty, no? :p But you get my award for improvisation desktop to laptop parts :blink: :happy:

BTW; Taurus, what's your avatar, I like it ( looks cool ) but I haven't any idea as to what " it " is.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
hehe, as its a P3 coppermine CPU, the heatpipe does have an offset fan to help move the air over the heatsink, but with it being a laptop the standard 40mm fan is tryin to push the air down, when the former fan pushed air sideways. anyway, the little bit of air i generated is enough to survive sisoft on multimedia benchmark 10 times :)

no im from england :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar