Laptop battery question

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
I've been looking at two laptops trying to figure out which one to purchase. I've narrowed my search down to these two laptops

http://www.sagernotebook.com/pages/notebooks/product2.cfm?ProductType=2080&SubType=V
That one has better hardware and battery life, but weighs more

and the other is:
http://www.sagernotebook.com/pages/notebooks/product2.cfm?ProductType=6630&SubType=C
this is where the question comes in...I read a review on this laptop here, http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3078&review=Sager+NP6630

The reviewer claims that the battery life is only 2hrs - 2.5 hrs, and I noticed he tested it with a core duo processor and not a core 2 duo(i didnt notice it Aprox did :lick: ). Would having a core 2 duo add more life to that? And how long could I expect the battery to last? for those of you wondering the specs of the battery are
6-cell LIBP Smart Li-ion battery pack, 4400mAh
And yes I am buying a sager so please no dell referrals (I'm done with them)

Last edited:
36 views, somebody has to know somethin

I know you wish you had an answer by now. :p

As I told you over IM I would expect atleast 2.5 hours if not closer to 3 - 3.5 for just browsing and basic computer use.

I know you wish you had an answer by now. :p

As I told you over IM I would expect atleast 2.5 hours if not closer to 3 - 3.5 for just browsing and basic computer use.

I would be more inclined to buy it if it got around three hours, but for the hardware it has it should get a better life time on the batt

the graphics card is going to drain that battery the fastest. Also a larger screen the more pull on the battery. if you are going to game at all the battery life will be bad unless it's plugged in to the wall.

The core 2 duo is a more energy efficient design so it will run longer, but CPU consumption isn't going to make that much difference unless you are number crunching continuously.

The 2080 uses a 9 cell Li battery vs 6 cell in the 6630. That's 50% more capacity and 50% more battery weight. Since battery life is non-linear with load as a percent of capacity and total voltage expect to get worse than a 50% difference in life. Maybe as bad as 60% difference.

I'd beleive that review you saw about the low life is realistic.

You get what you weigh for with batteries. Expect pretty sad life out of a comparably equipped laptop with that much less battery. And most likely you won't be able to upgrade batteries if you are not happy.

The core 2 duo is a more energy efficient design so it will run longer, but CPU consumption isn't going to make that much difference unless you are number crunching continuously.

The 2080 uses a 9 cell Li battery vs 6 cell in the 6630. That's 50% more capacity and 50% more battery weight. Since battery life is non-linear with load as a percent of capacity and total voltage expect to get worse than a 50% difference in life. Maybe as bad as 60% difference.

I'd beleive that review you saw about the low life is realistic.

You get what you weigh for with batteries. Expect pretty sad life out of a comparably equipped laptop with that much less battery. And most likely you won't be able to upgrade batteries if you are not happy.

Thats what I need to hear :p.

I've been doing some reach and it turns out that 15.4" laptops dont usually get that great of battery performance, I guess I am just going to have to accept the poopy looking battery :speechless:

I just ordered the 6630, I finally decided that it was going to be a work/school computer, thanks everybody for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back