Kind of Funny

O

open_source

kind of funny that you are running your Micro$oft Windows XP site on Apache on a linux server.

Also if you are worried about security, which I assuming you are since you took the site down to upgrade PHP, then you need to think about either upgrading from PHP-Nuke 5.2 to 5.6 or switching to postnuke. My suggestion would be Postnuke.
;)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
catch: easy tiger

The reason we won't update phpnuke is because 5.2 is very stable and because we have hacked the **** out of it, even more so now and you will see the results of this once we believe things are stable again, upgrading to a new version would be too difficult at this stage.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Forgot to add that from any version above 5.2 the layout and style have changed and therefore we would have to essentially begin again from scratch!

O

open_source

Originally posted by catch23
This is funny....how?

Lamer...heh
It is funny because anytime someone on here recommends using Linux they get flamed.

ps. I would not worry about calling people lamers when you have such a gay a$$ avatar.

O

open_source

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
catch: easy tiger

The reason we won't update phpnuke is because 5.2 is very stable and because we have hacked the **** out of it, even more so now and you will see the results of this once we believe things are stable again, upgrading to a new version would be too difficult at this stage.
Thank you for actually giving an answer that was logical and not being an a$$ as Catch is.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Don't worry, catch is the resident angry teenager, "he hates his parents don't you know" - just gotta not take it seriously..

I was tempted to trty update my local copy of XP-erience to 5.6, but it's not as stable as 5.2 and I would have to update my local database 4 times then manually edit all 4 files... Just spent 4 days learning the ins and outs of the 5.2 code!

O

open_source

Have you ever looked into Postnuke? It is based of off PHP-Nuke but has been streamlined and tightened up a bit.

S

Sprung

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Don't worry, catch is the resident angry teenager, "he hates his parents don't you know" - just gotta not take it seriously..
ROFLMAO :p

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by open_source
Have you ever looked into Postnuke? It is based of off PHP-Nuke but has been streamlined and tightened up a bit.
Apparently PHPnuke is going to be better than post nukr. We'r not gonna move for the same reason tho -- everything has been customised.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Looks like I went back on my previous statement, and it has been a nitemare, post nuke is soo complicated compared to phpnuke, makes up it's own variables etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut