Killpart.bat

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
I formated my 120gb hd with 2 ntfs and 1 fat32 partition and then used ghost to copy my existing partitions win xp, data, and win98se. when i tried to boot up the disk, i got a NTLDR missing error. It wouldn't boot.

I think because i had a dual boot on my old hd and the new hd after formatting and copying the drives over the drive letters changed. They used to be C:\win98se, d:\ winxp, and E:\data

Now i plan on doing this to my 120gb hd:
- killing all the partitions on the new hd
- formatting it all as fat32
- ghosting my old win98 to that partition
- testing it to see if it will boot by itself
- then, putting in the old 40gb in as master and the 120 as slave
- using xp off the old disk, use disk manager to partition the 120 salve drive into two additional ntfs patritions
- then, ghosting the xp off the 40 to one of the ntfs partitions
- then, ghosting the data to the other remaining partition
- then removing the 40 as master and setting the 120 in as master.
finally, setting it up as a dual boot again from within winxp

Now that everyone is thourghlly confused. Should this work?

you seem like your putting too much into this.

if you remember how you partioned your 40 gig, do the same to the 120gig. then use a data transfer program to transfer what you want into the partions you choose.

or just copy the 40 gig, to the 120, then use a partion program to increase the volume.. this seems so simple.

It has been very frustrating. What program to copy the drive entirely?

The dual boot winxp on ntfs, and win98 fat32 doesn't work when i copy then onto the new drive. I keep getting NTLDR missing

can you copy 1 partion at a time?

im not sure, but i think you can use any backup program, to back up your entire drive.... just back it up to the new hard drive, and play with it from there, if at all

Seen this b4

On my RAID sys I get this error every once and a reboot.
All I do is put in my WinXP CD boot off of it. Act like it's a new install then when it asks If I want to Delete the Partition, Re-install over XP, or Repair the Old install I select Repair and it fixes it just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back