• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kill useless and unsafe Windows services

Dont know if this one has been posted already or not, Windows IT Library has this chart to help kill processes that just dont need to be running. I had to leave Windows Audio service enabled for my sound to work. Anyone have any other security tweaks to share?

Welcome to OSNN, trukkmann. You seem to be off to a good start already. :)
That's a nice list! The descriptions next to each service can be especially handy for people who don't know what a particular service does.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
American Zombie said:
Just in case someone hoses their system from using that guide.

Default Services
Boy did I learn my lesson :D

If anybody has done some service tweaking and cant get something to work, let me know cuz I've disabled everything and had to fix things that werent working as a result :p.

zeke_mo said:
Boy did I learn my lesson :D

If anybody has done some service tweaking and cant get something to work, let me know cuz I've disabled everything and had to fix things that werent working as a result :p.
Heheh, theres a service called remote proceudre call.... dont disable that one :p

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
LordOfLA said:
Heheh, theres a service called remote proceudre call.... dont disable that one :p
Heh, dont even get me started ;) I probably dont know as much as I think I do, but I've had to fix my comp several times because I got shutdown-happy :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown