Kernel Panics in 10.4

Ehm, AirPort Extreme Card: £70 (at the time), Belkin Card: £20.

Yeah, the official card can feck off. I bought one for my iBook, and seeing as I can get a nice cheap Broadcom chip-based PCI card for very cheap, I'm not getting one for the PowerMac ;)

Belkin has been pretty quality in my experience. If I'm going to buy a non-Apple accessory then I usually look there first.

Can honestly say that I don't have much experience with them. The first Belkin item I ever acquired was a surge protector, then the 802.11 card, and then a USB2.0 card. Not had any trouble with any of them... that is, unless the card is to blame for this Kernel panic :)

SPeedY_B said:
... unless the card is to blame for this Kernel panic :)
I think it would be more to do with the networking that was reworked then the actual card though. :)

Aye, that's what I meant. The card being the cause, even if indirect :)

SPeedY_B said:
Aye, that's what I meant. The card being the cause, even if indirect :)
Well I think it can be surely concluded it's either that or Sith Gremlins. :D

mmm, but if its Sith Gremlins you are going to have to burn all of your electronic devices and then move house to get rid of them

Geffy said:
mmm, but if its Sith Gremlins you are going to have to burn all of your electronic devices and then move house to get rid of them
Or he could ship his G5 to me and I'll "take care of it". ;) muhahahahaha

Xie said:
Or he could ship his G5 to me and I'll "take care of it". ;) muhahahahaha

Dave has a G5? I don't think so.

muzikool said:
Dave has a G5? I don't think so.
Ahah! That's what you think!!!! sh*t no, wait.... you're right *cries in corner*

Been running for 2-days and 4 hours now, and the only thing that I have changed is not using the official BT client (4.x) replacing it with Tomato (based off 4.x, so wouldn't think it to be that) and disabled ethernet connectivity as I'm not using it even though it was connected to the router and active.

So far so good then. :)

What model of G5 are you waiting for again... and will you get one when that model comes out?

Dual 3.0Ghz, will likely buy one soon after they're released. Almost fell off my chair when the 2.7's were introduced :p

Wow. That will be one heck of a machine! :up:

My bad. I could have sworn that you had a G5 for some reason. :(

Only people with (PMac) G5's are Scott and muzikool, I think... there may be more :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back