• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

News KeePass 1.17

KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database.
Changes from 1.16 to 1.17:

Added option to use file transactions when writing databases (enabled by default; writing to a temporary file and replacing the actual file afterwards avoids data loss when KeePass is prevented from saving the database completely).

Added high DPI support.

The Ctrl+E shortcut key now jumps to the quick search box.

In the main entry list, backup entries are now rendered with green text color.

Menus are now rendered with gradient item backgrounds.

Added support for detecting KeePass 2.08 and higher KDBX database files.

Added {GOOGLECHROME} placeholder, which is replaced by the executable path of Google Chrome, if installed.

Added '--auto-type' command line option.

Added '--lock-all' and '--unlock-all' command line options to lock/unlock the workspaces of all other KeePass instances.

Added 'KeeConfigFileOverrideGlobal' and 'KeeConfigFileOverrideUser' configuration options to change the locations of the configuration files.

On Windows 7, KeePass now shows a 'locked' overlay icon on the taskbar button when the database is locked.

On Windows 7, when opening/saving a database, the taskbar button is now animated using an indeterminate progress bar.

This was released in December but with the holidays I forgot to post it. :dead:

:software: Download: KeePass 1.17
:source: Source: KeePass Homepage

Last edited:

Comments

There are two different versions.
Classic is at 1.17 while the pro is at 2.09 and requires at least 2.0 .NET framework.
Some people do not want .NET framework or require the adanced features of 2.0x version.

Editions Compared

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal