July 2006 Desktop Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I haven't been here in awhile, here are some of my "greatest hits" so far:

One of the sites I visit launched their new (vBulletin based) design in June, so I redid my desktop in honor of it for June.

In June for some reason, I was facinated with Red...even on FC5!

And when Office 2007 came out, you just know I installed it...

I'll let you do the identification since I don't feel like identifying all the parts on each time for each one of these. I will post some new screenshots sometime, but I'm just getting Opera 9 Final broken in right now.

Using StyleXP I have a Wisp Theme and a Spidey Background :)

Go easy, my first attempt at this :p

I'm sry, I know you said easy, but I really hate that theme. That theme is like first generation of themes, it's bulky and bad colors....do you accually like it?

Sorry, I had to say it.

Don't apologize, criticism is good :)

It's OK, as I said I don't mess with this stuff much really. Not a huge concern to me ;)

heh its a theme out of 1998 when window blinds first came out for windows 98 :)

Bah, I took everything off and turned the Themes service off :D

Now I'm a bit curious though, may want something Vista-like

if you want to really mess with themes, get the uxtheme patcher, I can provide link if wanted.....and go to neowin forums (visual style section), or deviantart and look for great visual style (themes)

Here, enjoy.

Last edited:
if you want to really mess with themes, get the uxtheme patcher, I can provide link if wanted.....and go to neowin forums (visual style section), or deviantart and look for great visual style (themes)

Yeah I have heard of and read about that before, too lazy to do it is all :p

Here, enjoy.

Delicious - thanks!

Update, only changed the wall.

Btw, Kcny and 'nads and others who like spidey, check this wall out.

This applies specifically to derek, no offense but your current wall is absolutely hideous all stretched out :(

Here, enjoy.

K so school a newb, how do I install that without add-on software like Style XP or Windowblinds or the like?

I would think the patch is required, then extract to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes and then browse for it?

Btw, Kcny and 'nads and others who like spidey, check this wall out.

This applies specifically to derek, no offense but your current wall is absolutely hideous all stretched out :(

I agree completely that it is stretched a bit, but that is to be expected considering the original size of it. I just fell in love with the shot, but yours looks so much better :D

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 111
Derek, since you have installed StyleXP then your computer is already patched (unless you uninstall it).

Simply extract to the path above and right click the desktop, properties, appearance, change the first drop down to VistaXP.

Derek, since you have installed StyleXP then your computer is already patched (unless you uninstall it).

Simply extract to the path above and right click the desktop, properties, appearance, change the first drop down to VistaXP.
I took it off, and that was on my work machine.

I wanted to be able to play without it, and at home.

Then use this.

Last edited:
I haven't switched Distros, I've switched how I do things..

Theme: Gilouche with Ubuntulooks Engine
Window Border: Modification of Gilouche
Wallpaper: Golden Harmonics
Icons: Tango

New Toys: SUSE Enterprise Desktop 10's new "Slab" applet and Application Browser. I got it from the Gnome CVS today...it's one of the coolest things ever!​

I haven't switched Distros, I've switched how I do things..

Theme: Gilouche with Ubuntulooks Engine
Window Border: Modification of Gilouche
Wallpaper: Golden Harmonics
Icons: Tango

New Toys: SUSE Enterprise Desktop 10's new "Slab" applet and Application Browser. I got it from the Gnome CVS today...it's one of the coolest things ever!​
Beautiful. :)

Thank you, now if you could only make Windows look that good easily...

I use stylexp all the time on mine. It works great. I find it able to do more than uxtheme patcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back