• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ivan again - New Orleans, anyone?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Just wondering if any OSNN members are in New Orleans - or more likely evacuated right now - hope all goes as well as it can for you if there is anyone ....

Gather this is category FOUR - and there is only one rating above that! :eek:

Best of luck guys.

I heard a hurricane Jeanne has also been spotted heading for Florida. :eek:
Still too early to tell though, whether it will hit it or not.

L

Lee

I feel sorrow, and a bit of told the world so. They keep cutting down those rain forests, polluting the atmospher and allowing co2 emissions to spiral out of control no wonder you people are suffering.

I remember 1987 and a bit not as bad in 1988 we had winds near those speeds and we thought it was bad, hope the fatalities are minimal and damage is zero.

How fast the wind again?
140mph?
Nothing mate. I have been in 230mph before then the equipment station got blown away (it was just a wee weather box bolted into the ground)
Good luck anyway though. I know how those sea breezes can be ;)

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I'm sat here complaining cause there's a hell of a gale blowing outside but atleast it's nowhere near what the other guy's have been getting :eek:

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Pfffft don't ever take any notice of the BBC weather cause they always say it's better than it is.Trees in my garden are nearly bend double and there's branches laid everywhere.
Dunno where they get their temperatures from but they seem to add a few degrees on to whatever it is :rolleyes:

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Course it's working or there wouldn't be a pic there :p I update it every so often (can't be bothered setting it up at the mo) run out of ideas of what to put on it :rolleyes:

Lee said:
I feel sorrow, and a bit of told the world so. They keep cutting down those rain forests, polluting the atmospher and allowing co2 emissions to spiral out of control no wonder you people are suffering.
This is a natural weather cycle. The cycle runs in the length of decades. In 1961 there were more major storms [or any year since then] though this year may break that record. You cannot blame this hurricane season on pollution and co2 emissions.

rotjong

Mathachew

Wise Beyond Youth
I live in Marrero, which is just south and a little to the east of N.O. (on the other side of the Mississippi River) and barely even had a drop of rain. Most of it was way down south in Venice, Boothville, etc. Places I'd hate to live in due to the lack of anything great, such as a Wal-Mart (in my wife's case) or a Best Buy/Circuit City/Office Max/Office Depot/CompUSA (in my case).

Just wind, wind, and more wind. Felt great outside! Thanks for your thoughts everyone! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test