• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Isvcmon.exe, and virus activity

Twice now while updating windows I have had a DOS screen appear in the background of the update download screen, which lists all my NAV files and then disables them, gives me weird messages ("thanks for leeching") and disables NAV, causing me to uninstall and reinstall NAV for it to work again.

I found the W32 Blaster. worm in my system and deleted it. Then I reloaded, NAV, and, this time, NIS and started surfing. NIS caught a file Isvcmon.exe trying to connect me to a site (never heard of it before). I stopped the process. What is this file?? Isvcmon.exe. It is also in my startup file! Is this another virus???

NAV scans have not identified it as a virus.

(As I am writing this NIS just caught an inbound trojan).

Thanks in advance for your help
Engineer

more

Isvcmon.exe it resides on the registry at
SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run.

I deleted the ISVCMON.EXE from Windows/System32 directory with no ill effects and since then, my system has stopped trying to connect to the internet.

I have conducted a search on my system and the only place where this file now resides is on the registry. It is now currently showing up on my startup list when I access it through MSCONFIG (but not starting up).

How do I get rid of this last registry entry? I found the two other entrys at HKEY/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run and at HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
but I do not know where
SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run, is.

Thanks
Engineer

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
This program works very well with reg files or files that are hard to find or remove. give it a try. its freeware and well respected.

link :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix