Is your child a Goth?!!?!

As soon as I see the words Religion ,God ,Jesus or Bible thats it I'm gone :s

Evil Marge said:
As soon as I see the words Religion ,God ,Jesus or Bible thats it I'm gone :s

Amen to that sista! :pirate:

my god, i find it hard to believe that site is serious. come on it cant me. not even jesus was that bad a bible basher.

on a side note, goth chicks are uber secseh :D

[edit] hehe, that 'Your Child A Goth?' thread mentions chavscum.co.uk a site which is hosted by my employers :p

Last edited:
Geffy said:
my god, i find it hard to believe that site is serious. come on it cant me. not even jesus was that bad a bible basher.

on a side note, goth chicks are uber secseh :D

[edit] hehe, that 'Your Child A Goth?' thread mentions chavscum.co.uk a site which is hosted by my employers :p

Oh, I could just see it now... The man, who according to their Bible supped with tax collectors, dared to heal people on the Sabbath (oh the crime of it :laugh: ), and would generally associate with "sinner" and "saint" alike, and who told the people who wanted to stone the prostitute "let him who hath no sin, cast the first stone"; would have a field day with these people.

Come to think of it, they sound an awful lot more similar to the Pharasees that their own Bible has Jesus denouncing again and again, then they do like the man they seem to be expressing such "reverence" towards :eek:

Last edited:
Son Goku said:
Oh, I could just see it now... The man, who according to their Bible supped with tax collectors, dared to heal people on the Sabbath (oh the crime of it :laugh: ), and would generally associate with "sinner" and "saint" alike, and who told the people who wanted to stone the prostitute "let him who hath no sin, cast the first stone"; would have a field day with these people.

Come to think of it, they sound an awful lot more similar to the Pharasees as described in their own Bible,, then they do like the man they seem to be expressing such "reverence" towards :eek:
Indeed, in fact the message of do unto others as you would have done unto you seems to discourage the likes of "death to all the chavs and goths" sort of statement, if you wish death upon others then by their beliefs they also wish death upon themselves.

There's two types of chrisitans. REAL christians. MEaning those that let people get on with their own lives however they see fit as long as you dont go causing trouble for them.

And then there's the born again bible bashers that gather at sites like mentioned at the start of this thread, run the US Government as president and start wars in iraq, afghanistan, etc, and go telling the rest of the world how evil and satanistic they are despite the obivous contradictions in the crap that spews forth from their mouths.

It is best to tease and antagonise them to your hearts content, cos its damn funny :D

OK, did a little searching... It seems the site is a parody. Now whether all the posters over there are actually aware of this, is another matter entirely. It might have also been a parody that served as a magnet, to draw these very same people in their forums. Dunno...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church

The Landover Baptist Church is a web site that serves as the home of a fictional Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa (The name Landover, however, may be a reference to Andover, Massachusetts). The Landover Baptist site and its associated Landoverbaptist.NET forum is a parody of fundamentalist Christianity and the religious right in the United States of America.

...The Landover site was created by Chris Harper (head writer and Chief Editor, aka "Pastor Deacon Fred"). Mr. Harper has used his "Pastor Deacon Fred" persona when giving public speeches for organizations such as American Atheists and Houston Atheist Society. No part of the site was meant to be taken seriously. There is even a link at the bottom of every page that brings you to the Terms of Service. It clearly states "Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody."

There is indeed mention in their ToS, that the site is a complete work of fiction. Of course, we all know just how often people tend to read the terms of service agreements on various sites, before they start posting there...

Oh, and BTW, another site

www.whitehouse.org

not www.whitehouse.gov

has Betty Bowers as the spiritual advisor to the president. She's fictional :laugh:

Good detective work Son Goku, but as you said do the posters know the site is a parody? :laugh:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back