iPhone 3G

Well that would be sweet, but I don't have a plan (data). So I probably couldn't get anything that cheap.

Well that would be sweet, but I don't have a plan (data). So I probably couldn't get anything that cheap.
Well, if you're at&t, you can always get a 20 dollar a month unlimited data plan, just do that, and buy the iphone on ebay, like I did.
My friend was in the same situation and he went through At&t and they gave him the same deal where he got to keep his 20 dollar data plan, and they let him have a drastically reduced price on the iphone as well.

You do know most AT&T plans are alright, I am in Canada hence the problems. I wouldn't of said anything if I lived in the states.

..... I just realised the one reason i can't STAND the iPhone. You practically can't own any smartphone..... or at least no smartphones that are rather large.... without someone thinking it's an iPhone. Granted... a lot of these people probably aren't that up-to-date on what phones look like.... but come on. I have a Motorola Q9 Global from AT&T. Those of you that have seen it.... realise that NOTHING looks similar between the back of a Q9 and the back of an iPhone..... let alone the Motorola logo a bit above the middle of the phone.

It's like people make a generalization of everything. They see a smartphone... they immediately think it's an iPhone. they see an MP3 player/PMP, they immediately think it's an iPod. If i'm walking around with my PMP, and someone says "is that an iPod?".... i either completely ignore them.... or just look at them a little funny, and say "no... it's an Archos... not some iPod money pit."

..... I just realised the one reason i can't STAND the iPhone. You practically can't own any smartphone..... or at least no smartphones that are rather large.... without someone thinking it's an iPhone. Granted... a lot of these people probably aren't that up-to-date on what phones look like.... but come on. I have a Motorola Q9 Global from AT&T. Those of you that have seen it.... realise that NOTHING looks similar between the back of a Q9 and the back of an iPhone..... let alone the Motorola logo a bit above the middle of the phone.

It's like people make a generalization of everything. They see a smartphone... they immediately think it's an iPhone. they see an MP3 player/PMP, they immediately think it's an iPod. If i'm walking around with my PMP, and someone says "is that an iPod?".... i either completely ignore them.... or just look at them a little funny, and say "no... it's an Archos... not some iPod money pit."
haha, I know what you're talkin bout. On my old 8525 which looks absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing at all like an Iphone, people would always be like. Oh wow, is that an Iphone! I would usually chuckle and say, haha no. I wasnt forced to pay 600 dollars for this and get a service plan with it. Pissed me off so much when people assumed that. You know what else I hate, why is it necessary to have a whole other category for ipods. Whenever electronics are listed. Why is it necessary to say, please shut off your, phones, mp3 players, and ipods. Why do ipods get their own category, they count as mp3 players! (even though I know they'd be like m4a players or some ****)

yeah. irritates me when people assume i have an iPhone just because it's wider than a normal cell phone. Never owned an iPod/iPhone/iMac/iBook..... wouldn't mind owning one of the latter two..... never plan on owning one of the former two. freakin status symbols/fashion statements. Give me an Archos 605 WiFi 160GB Portable Media Player with 4.3" touchscreen, web browsing, and wireless file server functionality for the same price as a 16GB iPod Touch any day. Or even better.... an Archos 705 WiFi 160GB with a 7" touchscreen and all the same features as the 605's for the same price as the iPod Touch 32GB.

SERIOUSLY wish Archos had a nice advertising budget for the US. Sadly... they don't... which is why iPod's are seen as king. Sure.... they're sleek and more portable than some of the Archos devices.... but they're almost ALWAYS leaps and bounds ahead of what Apple comes out with.... not to mention a bit better on the pocket for what you get out of it. You also don't fall into the category of a sheep.

yeah. irritates me when people assume i have an iPhone just because it's wider than a normal cell phone. Never owned an iPod/iPhone/iMac/iBook..... wouldn't mind owning one of the latter two..... never plan on owning one of the former two. freakin status symbols/fashion statements. Give me an Archos 605 WiFi 160GB Portable Media Player with 4.3" touchscreen, web browsing, and wireless file server functionality for the same price as a 16GB iPod Touch any day. Or even better.... an Archos 705 WiFi 160GB with a 7" touchscreen and all the same features as the 605's for the same price as the iPod Touch 32GB.

SERIOUSLY wish Archos had a nice advertising budget for the US. Sadly... they don't... which is why iPod's are seen as king. Sure.... they're sleek and more portable than some of the Archos devices.... but they're almost ALWAYS leaps and bounds ahead of what Apple comes out with.... not to mention a bit better on the pocket for what you get out of it. You also don't fall into the category of a sheep.
Hehe,
Funny, I would only consider owning the Iphone (Like I now do), I would never ever buy a macbook, or ibook or any other mac computer, I'd also never buy an ipod touch, as they are a waste of money, like all ipods i guess. I knew the iphone would be a toy when I bought it, but it just works, the ui glides nicely and its so shiny.

Just figured I would chime in - I'm on AT&T and have the Tilt - data speeds are blazing fast with 3G and pretty good with EDGE too.

Just figured I would chime in - I'm on AT&T and have the Tilt - data speeds are blazing fast with 3G and pretty good with EDGE too.
Yea, I've got the tilt as well "8925" in AT&T's words. I've changed the OS on the tilt so many times that I dont even remember what OS came with it :p Unfortunately, I can find many operating systems that look good, but none function at 100% (except for the factory installed OS, which is pretty boring. The 3g is extremely fast, and for some reason, it can reach all the way to an airplane at 37,000 feet in the air (just found that out my trip to SC a few weeks ago.

Well, if you're at&t, you can always get a 20 dollar a month unlimited data plan, just do that, and buy the iphone on ebay, like I did.
My friend was in the same situation and he went through At&t and they gave him the same deal where he got to keep his 20 dollar data plan, and they let him have a drastically reduced price on the iphone as well.

Are you sure even in the states there is a 20/m unlimited plan. Cause look at these rogers plans, basically there only plans that include data.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/iphone_voice_data_packages

The best one is $30/m for 6GB of data, not including voice or anything else. Meaning its probably not that great, plus its limited time offer, and I am not ready yet. Stupid Canada lol

Thats why people buy Apple. ;) Welcome to the group.

Blah, the 3G speeds are ridiculous (at&t fault mostly, unless it's an antennae issue) in Round Rock, Austin is a lot better in many areas but coverage is definitely spotty.

Also, there are some glitches and the Navigation is so dumbed down, its practically worthless.

I can't wait for a 3'rd party app to come out which allows the use of Navigation PROPERLY rather than having a glorified map. My brother's instinct puts this Nav system to shame with it's turn by turn.

Are you sure even in the states there is a 20/m unlimited plan. Cause look at these rogers plans, basically there only plans that include data.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/iphone_voice_data_packages

The best one is $30/m for 6GB of data, not including voice or anything else. Meaning its probably not that great, plus its limited time offer, and I am not ready yet. Stupid Canada lol
LOL I'm positive I've had that data plan for at least a year. Not sure if u can outright buy an iPhone with that plan tho.

I have just realized how stupid the apple store geniuses really are.

You would think that they might know what they are talking about when it comes to their latest gizmo.

Alas that was not the case. They are as stupid as the dumbasses at best buy, just more cocky.

They didn't even know what accesories worked with the 3g phone.

By the way I am typing this on mine. Love the phone so far and only issue is 3g coverage in some parts of town. Mostly using it with wifi.

not much works with it from what I've found so far. New stuff will need to be made if what I've read so far is true.

I understand that but I don't need a dumbass preaching to me about how I don't need something because of x/y/z reasons (that don't even make sense) and how I am actually better off without it because of some ludicrous reason.

Now, had it been just one of the "geniuses" I can understand but it was a few of the bastards including the store manager who was at least courteous enough to check for inventory of the dock.

:)

Wow.

I understand that but I don't need a dumbass preaching to me about how I don't need something because of x/y/z reasons (that don't even make sense) and how I am actually better off without it because of some ludicrous reason.

Now, had it been just one of the "geniuses" I can understand but it was a few of the bastards including the store manager who was at least courteous enough to check for inventory of the dock.

:)

Wow.
That's Apple for ya.

Oh btw, sitting here at work, just realized that Apple's fantastic designers are also retards.

Who the hell gives users a barely longer than 2 foot USB cable/wall charger setup?

It's over 2 feet down to my power outlet, am I supposed to leave my phone on the floor?

Pure genius :D Mega thumbs-up. Not only do you not get a dock but you get a midget usb cable to attempt to charge your product.

Speaking of midgets btw... the one that used to work in my office isn't around anymore. Think it moved to New York :eek:

if you think a 2' USB charger is bad.... i guess you haven't had the privelege of getting one of those Western Digital Passport portable USB-powered hard drives? yeah.... The cable that comes with these things is only one foot. not exaggerating that either. EXACTLY a foot. So you basically either have to have USB ports on top of your computer, or a USB hub on your desk or built into your monitor..... otherwise it's gonna be hanging somewhere.

A hard-drive can sit close enough to the usb ports on your computer although a foot is still pretty terrible.

A phone with a wall-charger though? Come on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back