• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Internet on the Wii

34skyline

OSNN One Post Wonder
I just recently got the wii for free and I'm trying to get internet on it and download updates and games but the Wii doesn't have a ethernet port can anyone tell me is there any other way or do I have to buy a Nintendo part to use the internet feature.

Gigabot

OSNN Senior Addict
I just recently got the wii for free and I'm trying to get internet on it and download updates and games but the Wii doesn't have a ethernet port can anyone tell me is there any other way or do I have to buy a Nintendo part to use the internet feature.
I just looked it up online and apparently there is no ethernet port for the Wii, but it is WiFi ready and if you have a wireless router you can set up Internet connection on it.

I don't have a Nintendo Wii but I found an eHow article which guides you on how to set up Internet on it. Here is a link to it:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2138193_use-internet-channel-nintendo-wii.html

I hope this helps. :)

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
It's quite simple really.

From the main screen, choose the lower left icon. This will take you to the settings screen. Here you say Wii Settings and then Internet, then Connection settings, choose an open connection, select Wireless and do a search :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown