• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Images are saved as bmp in Internet Explorer

D

destinywaste

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could throw some light for me on this --

At times when I try to save a photo from the web on my comp it's saved in bmp format by default. Is there a way I it could be set to jpg? I don't want to run through paintshop programs to convert the images into jpg.

Thanks

D

destinywaste

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Try cleaning out ( emptying) your temporary internet files folder.
It didn't help :(

The 'save as' option doesn't have a drop down menu.. nothing to chose from apart from bitmap :mad:

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I have this same thing happen from time to time, unfortunately I don't have any explanation for why it happens. I usually just end up using Paint or Photoshop to save the pic as a jpeg. It's not that much of a hassle, unless there are a bunch of pics you want to save that are coming in as bitmaps.

J

Jim

One more thing to check is the Advanced tab of Tools | Options where "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" may be checked. If so, try un-checking it

zyfos

Resurrected
Irfanview is a nice FREE picture viewing program that has a batch conversion tool in it. Best of all, Irfanview is small and fast, install is less than a meg without plugins. :cool: (If you can't tell, I really like Irfanview.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies