• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Image display problem in IE 6 SP1

E

elkinm

I did a clean install and IE 6 was working perfectly. Then I installed SP1a for XP which I guess installed IE SP1 and I have the typical problem that many small images are not displayed, I only see the x indicating an error.

Anybody know of a way of fixing this or instaling IE 6 non SP1 aggain? Or does MS have a fix maybe?

Thanks
elkinm

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
See how this goes>

by neo1980

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with notepad and find image.com.com to remove any gamespot problem and MSN for any msn problem and so on, u gotta use the find option.

It was reported back that the person first backed up the file then deleted it with no ill effect & the red x problem was gone.

S

seeya

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
See how this goes>

by neo1980

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with notepad and find image.com.com to remove any gamespot problem and MSN for any msn problem and so on, u gotta use the find option.

It was reported back that the person first backed up the file then deleted it with no ill effect & the red x problem was gone.
thanks! this solved mine problem! woot !!!!!

M

mbunny

Are you running Norton Personal Firewall 2002??? I got huge problems with it. If its not disabled i get screwed webpages

S

Simes

Kevin Ar18

OSNN Senior Addict
Originally posted by mbunny
Are you running Norton Personal Firewall 2002??? I got huge problems with it.
I had big problems with that program as well. I found out about the same information Simes suggested on my own, but that didn't fix it for me. Beside, I'd hate to have to add every single site that has a problem to the list.

What I did is as follows.
1) Open NIS.
2) Go to Options -> Internet Security
3) In the window that pops up, click on "Advanced Options..."
4) I removed all the sites listed... Also click on "Defaults" and I removed all the ad blocking
5) Click on the "Other" tab.
6) Under HTTP Ports List remove all of them.

#6 is what fixed it for me (#4 didn't fix it). This get's rid of NIS's adblocking or whatever browser features it has. If you didn't want your firewall doing that anyways, then this should be ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar